Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Kindle "convert" limitations?

I have seen that there are total file size limitations on the Kindle "convert" email function but wondered if there are unlisted limits on the number of files submitted for conversion per day, week or other period of time. I like to use the "convert" emails function to move non Amazon books onto the Kindle so that they are loaded into my Amazon web library and thus available for all Kindle reader devices and apps.

Annoying that AZW3 files cannot be emailed to a device that I know of to get them into the cloud books collection.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Since you can't email azw3 files in order to get azw3 file delivered to your Kindle you choices are:

1) convert your input format (epub ? ) to "dual mobi"/"compo mobi"/ "master mobi" file (= a file with ".mobi" extension that actually contains both "mobi old" and "KF8/azw3" formats) and email that.

For that conversion you can use Calibre (first you would need to change settings of mobi output to chance type from "old" to "both") or Amazon's kindlegen.exe or Kindle Previewer (that internally uses kindlegen.exe to do the conversion)

2) manually change the extension of your epub file into either ".txt" or ".png" and email that. Amazon's "Personal Documents service" will then do the conversion for you and you will end up with azw3 book.

Extension change is needed in order to fool the "intake" system that receives you emails and checks if the file extension of your attachment is on the whitelist (mobi, txt, html, pdf...) before attempting conversion.

I rarely use email / Send-to-Kindle service but when I do I usually download the epub to my Android phone, change the extension to ".png" (Send to Kindle "target" isn't associated with .txt files for some reason; like it is for txt files and "Send to Kindle" PC app) and use "Send to Kindle" entry in "Send to" menu to send the book.

When you install Kindle for Android app it registers/adds that "Send to Kindle" option for certain file types.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote