Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-27-2023, 03:10 AM   #1
mathewparet
mathewparet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Content Server Json API

I've been using Calibre for my ebook library for quite some time. I live in a shared house and I wanted to share my content with my housemates.

So I ended up making a web library that uses Calibre in the backend for some activities. And the rest it does by itself. (That's basically because my application database is more streamlined to support what I aim with it).

I've attached a few screenshots for you to see what it looks like - https://imgur.com/a/UtYm8jw

So far I run a scheduled task that syncs data with Calibre DB. Data is read directly from the DB and imported to a DB format supported by my app.

I noticed that Calibre has an AJAX API, however I couldn't find any documentation for it. If there is one, could you please point me at the right direction? I believe using the API would be better since it will give more insight into certain aspects (like book conversion progress, updating Calibre DB when user updates some metadata on my app (rather than updating Caliber's Sqlite DB as it could cause locks if Calibre and I try to write to it at the same time), and stuff like that.

This application will be open source (will be published once I am satisfied with the results that it is somewhat a decent tool to publish).

It's built on Laravel, and runs on my Raspberry PI with MySQL as the backend. As with Laravel, the database is interchangeable. Also I've integrated free text search using Algolia (https://www.algolia.com/). People who chose to install this can install their own Algolia keys to get blazing fast deep search as well.
mathewparet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no documentation for it as it is not really considered public/stable, but just grep the source for @endpoint
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert