Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-11-2008, 05:04 AM   #31
kellempxt
kellempxt began at the beginning.

Device: none
if i were to convert the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy to the prc format in high compression, and post it here, is that ok?
kellempxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #32
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellempxt View Post
if i were to convert the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy to the prc format in high compression, and post it here, is that ok?
If you refere to Douglas Adams book and you are Douglas Adams and you didnt sell the exclusive publishing rights, then be oour guest.

Otherwise it would be a violation of copyright law.

But you can get it here:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...p?BookID=71668

Or at most other mobipocket retailers.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 AM   #33
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhayader View Post
Hi to all, I'm kind of new here. I've discovered this forum because of the Edgar Wallace titles selection, which I collect for many years now.
Any chances of uploading more of his books? Specificaly, I was looking for The Big Foot (1927), The Strange Countess (1925), The Avenger (1926), The Day of Uniting (1926) and The Three Oak Mystery (1924) , but any addition would be great.

Thank you in advance.
The Avenger: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1809
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 AM   #34
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaurer View Post
Hello. May I humbly make a request? I'd love to read Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and War And Peace on my Cybook.

-Wayne
Anna Karenina: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/1487

War and Peace: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/view_book/83
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellempxt View Post
Don't be an idiot.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #36
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Don't be an idiot.
That's rather harsh imo - they only asked a question after all (rather thoughtful it seemed to me)

In https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17938 you wrote:

" You are welcome to disagree with someone's viewpoint, but calling someone an "idiot" is NOT ACCEPTABLE."
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't call him an idiot. I told him not to be one. Someone really should NOT need to ask if it's "OK" to post a commercial book to this site, and it's pretty bloody obvious that HHG is a copyrighted work.

MobiPocket is a strictly "legit" site.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #38
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I think a lot of people might assume copyright expires on death - it doesn't seem an idiotic notion on the face of it.

But if someone's not sure, the correct thing is to ask -which they did.
I don't think there was anything in the original post, or their previous posts, to indicate the poster deserved censuring.

Even if they did deserve rebuking; you rightly wrote on a previous occasion:
"Please make your points in a polite manner."
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Forgive me if I get a little "hot under the collar" when someone wants to do something that would INSTANTLY get this site shut down. I care a great deal about MobileRead, and do not want to see that happen to it. The "Posting Guidelines" make it absolutely clear what is and is not acceptable to upload here.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #40
Stephanos
Connoisseur
Stephanos doesn't litterStephanos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Jeez, how hard is it to say "Sorry, I shouldn't have said it that way. You're right, we don't call each other idiots here."
Stephanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #41
GreatBear
GreatBear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony Reader
How about a .mobi Poe omnibus? There's a nice five volume collection at PG.
GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #42
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
May I add "Beowulf" - assuming I eventually get a Gen3 ( of course ) .......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #43
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Beowulf is now uploaded in two different translations.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 AM   #44
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Beowulf is now uploaded in two different translations.
Thank you milady ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #45
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
a very odd request, i suppose.. but has anyone seen an english translation of the Roman de la Rose around?

Last edited by zerospinboson; 04-14-2008 at 06:29 AM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote