Notices

Old 03-31-2023, 08:48 AM   #1
Villard
Connoisseur
Villard began at the beginning.

Device: Koreader running on Kobo Libra 2
Send scheduled news to a subfolder of the device

Hello
Maybe this question has already been answered, but I didn't find anything about it in the posts.

(I've a Kobo with Koreader on it). In order to clean my root folder, I've decided to send all my books from Calibre to a specific folder called "_calibre_" created in the root folder.
I've written the format to send in the plugins, as "_calibre_/{author-sort}/..."
This is fine and it works as well with USB connection as with WiFi connection.

The only point is that the scheduled news are still transferred to the root folder "News" and not to "_calibre_/News" folder.
I remember have read that we can't change the name of the News folder, but I thought I could send to "_calibre_/News" folder.

Is there anything I miss, or a tweak ?

Thanks
Villard
Villard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 10:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont maintain the Kobo driver but as I recall, no there's no way to change that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 02:53 PM   #3
Villard
Connoisseur
Villard began at the beginning.

Device: Koreader running on Kobo Libra 2
I don't use the Kobo driver, only the user defined driver.
As all books epubs are well sent under the _calibre_ folder I've defined, I thougt the news epubs would also be sent to this folder in a "_calibre_/News" folder.

I understand then that it s a feature of the News generation tool to send only to the root folder in the "(root)/News" folder

Last edited by Villard; 03-31-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Villard is offline   Reply With Quote