Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-17-2023, 10:33 PM   #1
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Xfinity Rewards: Up to $20 eGift Card for Barnes & Noble

If you're a Comcast/Xfinity customer the Xfinity rewards program has a Barnes & Noble gift card available to most users. The value will depend on what tier you're in, which is determined by how long you've been a customer. Diamond (top tier) gets $20, Platinum (next tier down) gets $15. Other tiers will get lower amounts or not qualify at all.

When I redeemed it, the link at the bottom said something about Fandango, but the actual reward was for Barnes & Noble. Just ignore that and go through the process anyway. Don't try to use the form to gift it to someone, as you need the link in the email to confirm. At the end it'll let you download a printable PDF that can be folded up into a card for gifting.

While you're there, you may also have a reward for two free tickets for the Super Mario Bros movie coming out next month. It was the featured reward for my dad's and my account.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:22 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
If you're a Comcast/Xfinity customer the Xfinity rewards program has a Barnes & Noble gift card available to most users.
Thanks for that!

And...

Quote:
When I redeemed it, the link at the bottom said something about Fandango, but the actual reward was for Barnes & Noble. Just ignore that and go through the process anyway.
Thanks especially for that. When I saw Fandango, I got worried.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:27 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
If you're a Comcast/Xfinity customer
Thank you. Wow, talk about a reward I'd never have found nor kept clicking through without a heads up!
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 02:32 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Now I just need to figure out which of the never on sale (or rarely on sale) books on my list I should pick up.

Man, I'll burn through $20 of my own money on impulse buys. But you give me a $20 gift card and I'll agonize over what to get. Psychology is a weird thing.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:03 PM   #5
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thanks for posting. I was offered and accepted $10 B&N gift card. While there I grabbed the $1 movie rental for tonight.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:43 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks for posting. I was offered and accepted $10 B&N gift card. While there I grabbed the $1 movie rental for tonight.
What movie did you rent?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:02 PM   #7
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Well I dumped Comcast a few months ago when the power company got their Fiber to my location so no gift card for me. Then again I save a hundred bucks a month on my internet and such now so I not cry about it.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:13 PM   #8
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpuppy View Post
Well I dumped Comcast a few months ago when the power company got their Fiber to my location so no gift card for me. Then again I save a hundred bucks a month on my internet and such now so I not cry about it.
I can't wait until fiber gets to our place. Comcast is so unreliable for me. I never know if my laptop/s are going to stay connected to the cable modem or not...
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 08:32 PM   #9
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What movie did you rent?
Wakanda Forever
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:06 PM   #10
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Problem around here is that Comcast does no maintenance on their cable infrastructure. A few years ago, I had issues with slow speed and the net going off totally two or three times a week. It would go off for hours and then sort of come back on. They would check the next day and it be sort of up so they not send anyone. I started calling them all hours of the day whenever it went down.
Apparently the late night calls at that time went somewhere else because finally a guy showed up from a couple of states away to fixed the issue. He hooked up all his equipment and even though it was sort of working, he said it was messed up. He went out and check the line, cut it and it was full of water. It was so old that the line would fill up with water when it rained.
He said they be out the next morning and replace the whole line.
He then asked if they ever sent anyone out to check it and I said no.
He was pissed, he had driven 300+ miles to address a problem that would have been found if they would have bothered to send someone out to check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
I can't wait until fiber gets to our place. Comcast is so unreliable for me. I never know if my laptop/s are going to stay connected to the cable modem or not...
Old 03-19-2023, 07:06 PM   #11
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll never have Fiber show up in my neighborhood, but several years back I did manage to get talked to for an article about Comcast on Ars Technica. That led to a high level tech at Comcast HQ contacting me, and when I happened to ask a question about my connection (wanting to know if I should call support), he checked it himself and scheduled a tech to come fix it.

Three freaking bucket trucks showed up. Every guy in them was highly trained and knew what they were doing. They replaced the entire line from the pole to the house, insisted on checking my modem and replaced the internal splitters I had, even though they didn't have to.

So Comcast can do tech support right when they want to, they just don't give a damn most of the time.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:15 PM   #12
batpuppy
Connoisseur

Its not the tech people, its the people who answer the phone calls and send out the work orders. I was told by several of their techs where they meet every morning before they go out and if I could tell one of them their the issue, they would fix it.
I never though I get fiber at the farm house as I never got cable or anything else out their. The local power company made the commitment to get fiber to everyone that they served for electric and they did. I had Comcast and now fiber at another location in town.

Quote:
I'll never have Fiber show up in my neighborhood, but several years back I did manage to get talked to for an article about Comcast on Ars Technica. That led to a high level tech at Comcast HQ contacting me, and when I happened to ask a question about my connection (wanting to know if I should call support), he checked it himself and scheduled a tech to come fix it.

Three freaking bucket trucks showed up. Every guy in them was highly trained and knew what they were doing. They replaced the entire line from the pole to the house, insisted on checking my modem and replaced the internal splitters I had, even though they didn't have to.

So Comcast can do tech support right when they want to, they just don't give a damn most of the time.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:43 PM   #13
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
I never though I get fiber at the farm house as I never got cable or anything else out their. The local power company made the commitment to get fiber to everyone that they served for electric and they did. I had Comcast and now fiber at another location in town.
Unfortunately I live in Tennessee and they've passed laws that make municipal fiber pretty much impossible, same applies for the electric companies. Even the really successful one in Chattanooga from their electric company can't expand due to laws passed. Even though people around them very badly want them to expand and they're willing to do so.

I'll never have fiber here.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:23 PM   #14
batpuppy
Connoisseur

The power company fiber will never go into the nearby city here as they have their own power company. I think they may have ATT fiber.
Its sort of funny that I am in a town adjacent to the city and the underground fiber has been run for over a year but ATT tells me that its not available at this location but way out in the country at my other location it supposedly is available. I got the Power company fiber which is better than ATT anyway. Municipal fiber is not going to happen in this state.

Quote:
Unfortunately I live in Tennessee and they've passed laws that make municipal fiber pretty much impossible, same applies for the electric companies. Even the really successful one in Chattanooga from their electric company can't expand due to laws passed. Even though people around them very badly want them to expand and they're willing to do so.

I'll never have fiber here.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:17 PM   #15
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Verizon has a pretty good deal for home 5G wireless in my area. It's cheap enough that I'm considering getting it as a backup to Comcast, or in case Comcast does ONE MORE thing to tick me off....

I only see the Super Mario tickets reward offered to me, no B&N. At least not on the main rewards page. Any chance I need to look elsewhere?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote