Notices

Old 03-18-2023, 05:34 AM   #391
sios00
Enthusiast
sios00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sios00 View Post
Is there an easy way to select a view without first having to click the View Manager button on the toolbar, then selecting the view?

For example, making tabs on top like the "Show virtual libraries as tabs", which then creates tabs right below the top search bar.
Like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7v1o8Gc.png
Views:	107
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	200423  

Last edited by sios00; 03-18-2023 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Added image
sios00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:45 PM   #392
sios00
Enthusiast

Also, is there a way to deselect all Views and have all columns and every single book in Calibre show? Seems like after installing View Manager and setting up 2 different views, I can only pick between those 2 Views (and see their respective columns) and not have all columns and all books showing.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:58 PM   #393
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think you are supposed to create a 'Default' or Everything (all columns) view in addition to custom views
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:09 PM   #394
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think you are supposed to create a 'Default' or Everything (all columns) view in addition to custom views
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

And you can always add a column temporarily, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-19 085711.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	200452

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 06:13 PM   #395
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
theducks is correct. If you want to see all columns, and use VM, create a view that shows all columns.

VM sets configured views. There is no concept in it or Calibre of 'un-setting' views. There is only applying new views.

VM does not have any GUI way to quick set views. But you can set keyboard shortcuts to display a view.

Personally, I have my preferred view set to the space bar and use it all the time.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 12:16 PM   #396
sios00
Enthusiast

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2023, 03:27 AM   #397
Zillion_
Enthusiast
Zillion_ began at the beginning.

Device: KindleOasis10thGen
View Manager: regression with new Calibre 7.2 - view not applied at start

Hello,

I've just updated to Calibre 7.2, which apparently solves a number or window-related issues (something with QT).
But now, View Manager doesn't correctly apply my selected View anymore at startup, or rather, it doesn't apply certain things, like the preferred column widths. This has always worked perfectly for me until today.
Strangely, the "On Device" columns is resized properly when starting Calibre with a Kindle connected. But the Title column isn't.
I need to press "reapply current view" to get all columns sized correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt View_Manager_Settings.txt (4.6 KB, 33 views)
Zillion_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:54 AM   #398
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
We are two now.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:58 AM   #399
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillion_ View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
We are two now.
Okay here, I do not use the split list feature.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 04:19 AM   #400
Zillion_
Enthusiast

More Details

I have saved, as a new view, what View Manager does when applying my normal view ("FRG2") at startup and am showing the differences below:

- OnDevice column width changes from 60 to "-1" (though that may be "normal", I've forced it to make it smaller in the past
- Title changes from 314 to 200
- pin_columns was ""ondevice", -1" and is now empty instead.

Without a device connected at startup, the behaviour is the same.
P.S.
Other features, such as selecting a library at startup and search restrictions work fine.
Old 12-16-2023, 04:35 AM   #401
Zillion_
Enthusiast

I've found a quick workaround using Action Chains.
For Device Connected it works well (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ce#post4149693), but on startup of Calibre, due to an apparent bug in ActionChains, it only works if I set a countdown timer (annoying), else it does nothing.
Old 12-16-2023, 04:40 AM   #402
Zillion_
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Okay here, I do not use the split list feature.

BR
neither do I. The problem is really just the Title column it seems....
Old 12-18-2023, 06:28 PM   #403
Bookreade
Bookreade began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillion_ View Post
Hello,

I've just updated to Calibre 7.2, which apparently solves a number or window-related issues (something with QT).
But now, View Manager doesn't correctly apply my selected View anymore at startup, or rather, it doesn't apply certain things, like the preferred column widths. This has always worked perfectly for me until today.
Strangely, the "On Device" columns is resized properly when starting Calibre with a Kindle connected. But the Title column isn't.
I have the exact same problem
Bookreade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 09:50 PM   #404
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
To be honest I have no interest in downloading 7.x again myself at the moment having seen all the problems being reported. My advice for anyone right now is to just go back to the last 6.x version and give the calibre devs more time to work through their issues. I don't have the time or energy right now to deal with any breaking changes.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 12:54 PM   #405
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I don't have the time or energy right now to deal with any breaking changes.
I honestly did not notice that my preferred view wasn't being set at startup with 7.2. I don't think the issue is a big deal.

Since I can manually apply a view and it works, and saving column sizes seems to work fine for me, I'll just do one manual apply at startup, then use the plugin features like I always have.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote