Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Synching Kobo with Linux

Greetings,

I got my reader all updated via SD card and it is working very well so far. I was able to synch the Kobo Reader with the Windows desktop client I installed to perform the upgrade. When I fired up the linux client, I was informed that a new update was required to synch with the Kobo eReader. The update downloaded and then the Kobo Reader Linux Client shut down. When I fired it back up, it recognized the reader, but nothing happened when I pressed synch. Is there anyway I can enable synching using the Linux Client? I really like how the reader handles the Kobo format books vs. ADE books. I also am enamoured of the idea of native linux support for an ebook platform featuring premium content. Any ideas?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I think Sameer mentioned that Linux support would come a bit later... maybe Oz and New Zealand come first? I don't know for sure. It's not too much of a problem for me since I usually download epub files and the just drop them on the Kobo. Also, I do have a WinXP laptop that I keep around for people like Adobe, Kobo, and Sony (and my old employer )
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert