Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Error converting books in 0.8.27

Converting books in the just released version 0.8.27 always gives an error.

A streamlined vesrion of the error log:

Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.27
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (Fear)

KeyError: u'_genre_label'
Happens also with books I have previously converted with no problems. And the error always seem to end with the u'_genre_label'

I tried to revert back to 0.8.26 and I couldn't install it. There's a pop up saying: "New version already installed" and the only option after that is to click "Finish" in the install wizard and it quits.

Somehow I know Kovid will nail this bug in a couple of seconds

PS: Full error log available on request.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Converting books in the just released version 0.8.27 always gives an error.

A streamlined vesrion of the error log:

Happens also with books I have previously converted with no problems. And the error always seem to end with the u'_genre_label'

I tried to revert back to 0.8.26 and I couldn't install it. There's a pop up saying: "New version already installed" and the only option after that is to click "Finish" in the install wizard and it quits.

Somehow I know Kovid will nail this bug in a couple of seconds

PS: Full error log available on request.
UNINSTAL first (your library is untouched)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
UNINSTAL first (your library is untouched)
Thanks, theducks. I have some custom icons, a lot of tweaks and customised settings. What about them?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, theducks. I have some custom icons, a lot of tweaks and customised settings. What about them?
All your USER Settings are left alone (that's how Calibre knows where your old library was.) If you put your Icons where you were supposed to (configuration directory), you are good.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
All your USER Settings are left alone (that's how Calibre knows where your old library was.) If you put your Icons where you were supposed to (configuration directory), you are good.
Thanks, man, but I don't know. I've spent many, many hours setting calibre up the way I need it.

I have a dozen books I have to put in my calibre library. What I was thinking was:
  • Import the books in calibre
  • Do not do a conversion - it will fail
  • Tag them "To convert"
  • Wait until Kovid comes with a bug fix
  • Convert the books and remove the tag
How does it sound?

BTW, nobody else experiencing a problem converting books in 0.8.27?
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks, man, but I don't know. I've spent many, many hours setting calibre up the way I need it.

I have a dozen books I have to put in my calibre library. What I was thinking was:
  • Import the books in calibre
  • Do not do a conversion - it will fail
  • Tag them "To convert"
  • Wait until Kovid comes with a bug fix
  • Convert the books and remove the tag
How does it sound?

BTW, nobody else experiencing a problem converting books in 0.8.27?
I have uninstalled (on XP SP3) many times when I thought Calibre was the issue (it wasn't always). I never lost a bit.
I always keep the previous download, just in case I want to revert)
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
I have uninstalled (on XP SP3) many times when I thought Calibre was the issue (it wasn't always). I never lost a bit.
I always keep the previous download, just in case I want to revert)
I can assure you that the issue is with calibre 0.8.27. Never had this problem with previous versions.

For debugging purposes, I've tried to convert several books - previously converted with earlier versions without problem - and the results are always the same
Code:
calibre, version 0.8.27
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (A Moment in the Sun)
Have you tried converting books with 0.8.27?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I can assure you that the issue is with calibre 0.8.27. Never had this problem with previous versions.

For debugging purposes, I've tried to convert several books - previously converted with earlier versions without problem - and the results are always the same
Code:
calibre, version 0.8.27
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (A Moment in the Sun)
Have you tried converting books with 0.8.27?
Not yet. I am up-to-date on my conversions.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Not yet. I am up-to-date on my conversions.
Lucky you
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Lucky you
Not really, I am about 900 book back on my make it look My Way Edits
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
turn off the insert metadata as first page conversion feature under structure detection, until I release a fixed build.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have uploaded a fixed build of 0.8.27 Re-download and re-install and you should be fine. I failed to catch the bug in my testing as I happen to have a custom column named #genre, sigh.

To be precise, the fixed build will finish uploading in about 10 minutes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #13
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have uploaded a fixed build of 0.8.27 Re-download and re-install and you should be fine. I failed to catch the bug in my testing as I happen to have a custom column named #genre, sigh.

To be precise, the fixed build will finish uploading in about 10 minutes.
I knew the fix was a matter of minutes

Many thanks, Kovid.