Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
BBeB Xylog XML (LRS) final spec released

Check the "Final text" here:
http://www.y-adagio.com/public/commi...mt_pt62448.htm
It doesn't describe all the features used by Sony (e.g. it mentions <Solo> just in passing) but still a great LRS reference.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Intersting....

Tnks!
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
cmumford
Connoisseur
cmumford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
So LRS (AKA BBeB Xylog) files are the XML source files for LRF right? Are there any samples of these? From what I can read lrs2lrf can do the conversion, but it requires a DLL from Book Creator, which I can't seem to find anywhere. Is still available for download?
cmumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You can make LRS files:
1) with Book Creator
2) with BookDesigner (it puts the intermediate .lrs in the temp directory)
3) with lrf2lrs
Here's a link which has Book Creator: http://silicondependency.googlepages...eator%40librie
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #5
cmumford
Connoisseur
cmumford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
You can make LRS files:
1) with Book Creator
2) with BookDesigner (it puts the intermediate .lrs in the temp directory)
3) with lrf2lrs
Here's a link which has Book Creator: http://silicondependency.googlepages...eator%40librie
Thanks igorsk! I think that BookDesigner deletes the temp file before I can snag it, but Book Creator gave me what I want.
cmumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2007, 02:04 AM   #6
The Raven
The Raven began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Boy it sure would be nice to see the source code for lrs2lrf and the DLL from Book Creator. Can we get those guys to make their code open source? It sure would make generating content for the Sony Reader a lot easier on other platforms.
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote