Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
duke313131
duke313131 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Need Help sending via email to Kindle

Hello,

I'm seeking help. When I send a book from Calibre to my Kindle device via email, it always fails. I've entered the email addresses correctly on amazon.com and calibre. Any advice?
duke313131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:33 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke313131 View Post
Hello, I'm having issues with sending the ebooks to my kindle via email. I use a mac book, any advice. The email always fails.
Duke:

Um...I'm not sure why you are here. By which, I mean, this thread on this sub-forum, which is a thread by Gregg asking us for feedback on his proposed cover, for his self-published ebook. Hopefully, a moderator will move your post to an appropriate sub-forum.

(Mod: if you do, can you kindly move this post with him? So that my answer isn't lost?)
  1. So, presumably, you have an eBook, a MOBI file, yes?
  2. And you're trying to email it to which device, exactly?
  3. You're sending it from the email address that you registered, with Amazon?
  4. The Kindle is registered to you, also, yes?

So, hopefully, you'll respond, a mod will put this in the right place, and we'll figure out why you're having problems.

When you say it fails, what, exactly happens? Nothing? or the file isn't right, or..?

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 01-22-2018 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Asked the "When you say it fails.." question.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2018, 03:27 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke313131 View Post
Hello,

I'm seeking help. When I send a book from Calibre to my Kindle device via email, it always fails. I've entered the email addresses correctly on amazon.com and calibre. Any advice?
Which mail host, IIRC gmail needs some sort of override permissions, gmx doesn't always work, and hotmail seems to be ok. A search for 'kindle' and 'email' in the calibre\devices sub-forum (where this thread now resides) will show some relevant threads.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote