Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Looking for a book about twins

Twin girls, one smart and treated well and one in special ed and a behavior problem. They switch roles, and then the special ed twin refuses to switch back. I think this book is only a couple years old.

Thanks,

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Twin girls, one smart and treated well and one in special ed and a behavior problem. They switch roles, and then the special ed twin refuses to switch back. I think this book is only a couple years old.

Thanks,

Debra
This one?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-beside-myself

"Beside Myself is a literary thriller about identical twins, Ellie and Helen, who swap places aged six. At first it is just a game, but then Ellie refuses to swap back. Forced into her new identity, Helen develops a host of behavioural problems, delinquency and chronic instability."
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
V.C. Andrews [anything by her or Neiderman ] or Bari Wood ["Twins"] or Dean R. Koontz ["The Bad Place"]?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-16-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
It sounds like Ann Morgan's Beside Myself, which I just read a month or so ago. Pretty good book.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It sounds like Ann Morgan's Beside Myself, which I just read a month or so ago. Pretty good book.
If that's it, I'll have to check it out.

Advert
Old 06-16-2016, 05:22 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
This one?

"Beside Myself is a literary thriller about identical twins, Ellie and Helen, who swap places aged six. At first it is just a game, but then Ellie refuses to swap back. Forced into her new identity, Helen develops a host of behavioural problems, delinquency and chronic instability."

Even if that's NOT it, it sounds like the kind of book I enjoy reading. I'm going to give this one a shot (even though it's on the high side, price-wise).

Thank you!

Old 06-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
This one?

Thanks, I believe that is it. K to you!
Old 06-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks, all! The library had it, and I will start it tonight!
Old 06-17-2016, 03:47 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For future reference, you may like to know that there is a Name That Book sticky thread for asking this type of question in. Not that there's any harm in starting your own thread for it, of course!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
V.C. Andrews [anything by her or Neiderman ] or Bari Wood ["Twins"] or Dean R. Koontz ["The Bad Place"]?
I don't remember the kids being twins in any of the original V. C. Andrews series. I know Flowers and Heaven didn't have twins.
The ones after she died were not written by her but her estate just changed some names and locations.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I don't remember the kids being twins in any of the original V. C. Andrews series. I know Flowers and Heaven didn't have twins.
The ones after she died were not written by her but her estate just changed some names and locations.
I was being a bit facetious, since Andrews's southern gothic concentrated on incest, evil children, disturbed children, dysfunctional and demented adults, among other family issues.

Neiderman continues the tradition.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #12
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Speaking of twins, another pretty good recent thriller-ish book is The Ice Twins, by S. K. Tremayne. Here, one of the identical twins dies--but which one?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #13
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Beside Myself looks interesting. I put in a request at my library. Thanks!

Another creepy, psychological twin thriller is Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (author of The Time Traveller's Wife).
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Speaking of twins, another pretty good recent thriller-ish book is The Ice Twins, by S. K. Tremayne. Here, one of the identical twins dies--but which one?
How have to check that one out, too.

Is it available as an ebook?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Beside Myself looks interesting. I put in a request at my library. Thanks!

Another creepy, psychological twin thriller is Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (author of The Time Traveller's Wife).

I've read the Niffenegger book. Very nice.