Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-24-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
tln4122
tln4122 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hello from San Diego

Hi,

I was lucky enough to receive as a gift from my SO a Sony PRS-505. I've been taking advantage of the free 100 downloads of their classic series, but have also been looking around on their ebook store as well as all over the net for other places to get more content.

I am taking up the invitation to say 'Hello' to you all, and so here I am .

I love in San Diego, and like Science Fiction particularly. I usually go to the library and take home about 5 books every 2/3 weeks, so am looking to keep up with my habit even on the Sony Reader. However, noticed that content is fairly slim pickings.

Don't suppose that the public libraries are looking to do something with ebooks soon? Like a timed book which you can borrow for up to 3 weeks and then it expires? I'm not a techie by any means, so am probably dreaming

Best Regards,

tln4122
tln4122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, tln4122!

Since you like classics, make sure you have a browse through the ebook uploads section here.

Since you're enlightened enough to like SciFi (as I do myself), if you haven't already done so, you should have a look at Baen's Webscriptions service, they just added support for the Sony Reader, and they offer a number of free samples by way of their Free Library. None of their books have any DRM, and they usually price them $6 or less.

As for "regular" libraries, a fair number of them do have ebook programs, particularly in larger cities (San Diego certainly ought to qualify). However, they usually use formats that won't work on the Reader.

Hopefully, all this e-reading device activity will move us closer to a day when we have a "standard" format that is accepted and supported by all the players, and we won't have that sort of problem. I can dream, anyway.

Glad you're enjoying your new 505, come on in and make yourself to home, this is a great place to hang out ... when you're not reading, of course.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tln4122 and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #4
aarathi
aarathi began at the beginning.

Device: ODM
Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God's own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.
aarathi is offline   Reply With Quote