Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Using bookmarking

I created an epub yesterday and sent it off to a client for checking.

It came back with a couple of minor style issues, which was no big deal. But this got me thinking. I there a way we can utilise the bookmarking feature in either ADE or iBook which will allow the client to add notes to the epub as they are going through it, which, in turn, will travel with the epub, so when I get it back via email and load it onto iPad all the notes and bookmarks show up?

I don't think so, but not sure of any alternatives???
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
The only option I can think of it to use calibre's reader, which stores bookmarks as an unmanifested file inside the META-INF folder. Bookmarks under ADE, for instance, are handled as entries in a database stored elsewhere on the device.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert