Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Ericc22
Ericc22 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
clipping file, to Word document

I love my Kindle 2. I read a variety of books at one time for work, and, I rely on the highlighting and note feature. These features are very important to me.

The problem is, the my clippings.txt file is a mess when I get it out. It takes me a long time to go through it and sort it by book, and then isolate the text from the header.

I saw an excellent solution for this:

http://theprofessornotes.com/archives/543
http://kindletips.wordpress.com/2008...-my-clippings/

I love this - having the file converted into a table of this sort would be ideal. Unfortunately I can't run Windows on my Mac, and, the macro can't be used on Word for Mac as it requires VB which I guess is not a feature in Word for Mac. So I need another solution. I am using Word 2004.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this on a Mac? I would love to hear any and all suggestions. This would be a huge time saver for me and is something I would most appreciate.

Thanks!
Ericc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sounds like you'll need to update your copy of Word to get the macro to work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
Ericc22
Ericc22 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
FYI - I found a solution to this problem that works great. If you want to convert your clipping file go to http://willcodejavaforfood.com/products.html . Free app. Good luck!

Eric

PS I am a happy customer and not the developer!
Ericc22 is offline   Reply With Quote