Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #16
mountian
mountian began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
You can treat it as an Aura One, that works fine for me.
Many thanks for your answere. well, still a easy question... how to treat it as aura one, delete string for other device? thanks
mountian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountian View Post
Many thanks for your answere. well, still a easy question... how to treat it as aura one, delete string for other device? thanks
Just install it as-is.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #18
mountian
mountian began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Just install it as-is.
Thanks! it works well!
mountian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:01 AM   #19
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
I tried the patches for FW 4.11.11982 on my KA2v1 and applied the rotation patch. It did worked to select landscape ... once
Thereafter, I could not select portrait mode, nor menus from the menu bar etc. anymore. The menus simply did not show and landscape remained
The only cure seemed a fresh, unpatched install of FW 4.11.11982
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #20
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've released patches v30 with a new "Both page turn sides go next" patch by me

This patch makes both page turn sides (or top/bottom, depending on your selection in Reading Settings) go next in the reader. This patch was made at the request of anigrin and Mrs_Often.

This patch was quite tricky to track down, as there were quite a few ways I could have done this. The first way was to have changed out the dimensions of the calculated rectangles for page turning, but that ended up being too complicated due to the use of QHash's of QRects and pointers upon pointers to functions. I ended up wasting quite a bit of time trying to do it this way. The second way was to just swap out the next and previous page functions, but this had way too many side effects. The third way was to override the tap detection completely, and although this was relatively simple, it would have become a big hassle to update in future versions. The way I ended up doing this is by taking advantage of the right-to-left support (which swaps back and forward taps), and making it set back = forward and forward = forward instead of back = forward and forward = back.
Advert
Old 11-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #21
geek1011
Wizard

There is now a new kobopatch request thread, which consolidates all the requests for patches and major kobopatch features.

I have tried my best to collect all the requests from before scattered around the threads, and if I missed anything, please tell me.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #22
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Instructions for patching firmware 4.11.11982

Quote:

This patch makes both page turn sides (or top/bottom, depending on your selection in Reading Settings) go next in the reader. This patch was made at the request of anigrin and Mrs_Often.

This patch was quite tricky to track down, as there were quite a few ways I could have done this. The first way was to have changed out the dimensions of the calculated rectangles for page turning, but that ended up being too complicated due to the use of QHash's of QRects and pointers upon pointers to functions. I ended up wasting quite a bit of time trying to do it this way. The second way was to just swap out the next and previous page functions, but this had way too many side effects. The third way was to override the tap detection completely, and although this was relatively simple, it would have become a big hassle to update in future versions. The way I ended up doing this is by taking advantage of the right-to-left support (which swaps back and forward taps), and making it set back = forward and forward = forward instead of back = forward and forward = back.

Thank you. I wish there was something I could do in return.

EDIT: I haven’t downloaded V30 yet because I’m not near a computer at the moment, but: will it work for 4.9.11311, or will I have to give in and update to 4.11.11982?

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 11-17-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
EDIT: ... will it work for 4.9.11311, or will I have to give in and update to 4.11.11982?
Assuming you mean the patch named 'Both page turn sides go next', the answer is - no, not as it stands.

Any patch which contains one or more absolute offsets, e.g.
Code:
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x9EA938, ...}
is always specific to a single firmware version.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #24
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Assuming you mean the patch named 'Both page turn sides go next', the answer is - no, not as it stands.

Any patch which contains one or more absolute offsets, e.g.

Code:
- ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x9EA938, ...}
is always specific to a single firmware version.

Yes, that’s what I meant. Sorry, I was in a hurry and apparently didn’t make time to make sure my post made sense.

Thanks Jackie! Poo, I’ll have to put up with the long-tap for footer display information change. Oh well, tap anywhere for page forward is well worth it!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #25
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Yes, that’s what I meant. Sorry, I was in a hurry and apparently didn’t make time to make sure my post made sense.

Thanks Jackie! Poo, I’ll have to put up with the long-tap for footer display information change. Oh well, tap anywhere for page forward is well worth it!
I might be able to patch the long-tap if you want. I can also port the patch to the old version without much effort.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #26
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:

Thank you, geek1011, I think this patch solove my request at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=57 with a different way.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Thank you, geek1011, I think this patch solove my request at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=57 with a different way.
No problem! I'm glad it helped. Note that you have a typo in your link.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #28
anigrin
anigrin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for making the change and doing it so quickly. I really appreciate it.

I'm unsure about one thing. I have the Aura One, whose latest firmware version is: 4.10.11655. When I go the the v30 download page, there are multiple downloads available. If I choose the kobopatch_4.10.11655.zip, I notice that the "Both page turn sides go next" is not implemented. However, it is implemented in the kobopatch_4.11.11982.zip (which seems to be intended only from the Forma.)

So I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I copy the text snippet from the new version onto my version, or is it safe to install the 4.11.11982 onto my Aura One?
anigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #29
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigrin View Post
Thanks for making the change and doing it so quickly. I really appreciate it.

I'm unsure about one thing. I have the Aura One, whose latest firmware version is: 4.10.11655. When I go the the v30 download page, there are multiple downloads available. If I choose the kobopatch_4.10.11655.zip, I notice that the "Both page turn sides go next" is not implemented. However, it is implemented in the kobopatch_4.11.11982.zip (which seems to be intended only from the Forma.)

So I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I copy the text snippet from the new version onto my version, or is it safe to install the 4.11.11982 onto my Aura One?
It is safe to install 4.11.11982 on your Aura ONE (and I recommend it, as I'm doing all new patch development on the latest version). If you want to stay with the old version, I can port the patch over.

The way the releases work is all the zips are generated from the currently available patches in the repository. Basically, the releases are a snapshot of the current state of the available patches. Not every release updates every zip (releases which do are added to the changelog in the second post of every patch thread). This makes it easy to add new patches, backport them to older firmware if needed (I always backport nickel patches, and sometimes libnickel ones), and make fixes and updates to old patch zips.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:11 AM   #30
anigrin
anigrin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Just upgraded to my Aura One to 4.11 and applied the patch. Everything works great! Thanks very much.
anigrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching