Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
KPG download link

The current 04 version of the patcher for 2.6.1 and 2.8.1 is at http://rghost.net/47967901.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 08-08-2013 at 04:41 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
a question of "total backup"

I always copy the whole of the reader content on my laptop before any new hack installation or changes, in case something goes wrong. In the latter case, is it ok if, after a factory reset I just copy the whole backup directory (books and .kobo and all) on the device, or do the hacks also change things in the unaccessible reader directory?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I always copy the whole of the reader content on my laptop before any new hack installation or changes, in case something goes wrong. In the latter case, is it ok if, after a factory reset I just copy the whole backup directory (books and .kobo and all) on the device, or do the hacks also change things in the unaccessible reader directory?
I have done that a few times with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have done that a few times with no problems.
perfect, many thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I think taking a screenshot should be added to the sticky: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=444. I have always wondered how to do it, and now I know.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #21
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm going to try to maintain this post as a link to the current versions of the various hacks / tweaks / mods available for the Kobo family. I hope to keep the links in this first post current as development continues.
Thank you Peter for doing the hard work for the enjoyment of all.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I think taking a screenshot should be added to the sticky: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=444. I have always wondered how to do it, and now I know.
Added. Thanks for the tip
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #23
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Any thoughts on adding dropbox integration to the sticky? I am thinking of trying it but I am not sure if it still works with the latest firmware, and whether you still need to use the Kobo browser, or if some one has created a hack to do it on the Kobo.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ShellShock: If you could point me to a thread where DropBox integration was discussed I will add it.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
How to turn your Kobo Mini to a display for temperature sensors:

http://www.scherello.de/?id=265

Can you add also the posts in KoboLauncher that explains how to SSH your device? I've found them very useful.

PS: "Google Analytics" link is broken, and "How to backup your Kobo's firmware" has two entries.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
How to turn your Kobo Mini to a display for temperature sensors:

http://www.scherello.de/?id=265

Can you add also the posts in KoboLauncher that explains how to SSH your device? I've found them very useful.

PS: "Google Analytics" link is broken, and "How to backup your Kobo's firmware" has two entries.
Please point me to the SSH tips.

I don't see two entries for the Backup either.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

These are the posts that explain how to activate and use usbnet and ssh on Linux and Windows:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=37
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=47
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=48

and these are some errata and workaround:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=57
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=157
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=119

PS: the double entry is How to backup your Kobo's firmware on an SD card without opening it
Old 11-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #28
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
How to list on the Kobo itself ALL annotations from ALL books

For people using annotations heavily, this might be useful: How to list on the Kobo itself ALL annotations from ALL books
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #29
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...42&postcount=1
Old 12-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #30
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Extending the flash partition to 4 Gb.