Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #991
dnh
dnh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you again!
I think the script from yesterday was trying to load ar6000.ko. "ar6000" is expected to be the value of WIFI_MODULE in the case of the PLATFORM being "freescale". I did however not understand that sdio_wifi_pwr.ko must not be loaded. So here is my next try.
Still not working. When I have some free time I may try and get usbnet working to debug it better, but in the meantime, is there any way to enable a higher level of debugging?
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #992
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnh View Post
Still not working. When I have some free time I may try and get usbnet working to debug it better, but in the meantime, is there any way to enable a higher level of debugging?
I am not sure what kind of higher level of debugging you expect in the case of a shell script. I can offer you this.

Code:
# debug_enable_wifi.sh
logfile=${ksmuser}/txt/enable_wifi_log.txt
sh -x ${ksmroot}/scripts_intern/wifi/wifi_enable_dhcp.sh &> ${logfile}
Copy the script file to .adds/kbmenu_user/scripts, and start it by selecting:
Code:
"user scripts" > "debug enable wifi.sh"
Alternatively, you can execute the following line in the KBTerminal, with "file mode" selected.
Code:
sh -x ${ksmroot}/scripts_intern/wifi/wifi_enable_dhcp.sh

Or maybe you could first check whether the variables are set correctly:
Code:
#wifi_variables_test.sh
logfile=${ksmuser}/txt/wifi_variables_test.txt
echo "WIFI_MODULE: ${WIFI_MODULE}" > "${logfile}"
echo "PLATFORM: ${PLATFORM}" >> "${logfile}"
echo "INTERFACE: ${INTERFACE}" >> "${logfile}"

Last edited by tshering; 01-24-2018 at 05:28 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #993
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
Hello , same for me, , I am a newbie and would like to install Korereader on my Kobo H2O V2 ( to provide invert screen nightmode) I have no folder" .add" i, my .kobo folder.I have just created one and put the korereader inside but nothing happened...
I did nt find any alternate reader Korereader after reboot (where is it ?)
I think it don t work
could you explain step by step or post a video ? thanks
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #994
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strrav View Post
Hello , same for me, , I am a newbie and would like to install Korereader on my Kobo H2O V2 ( to provide invert screen nightmode) I have no folder" .add" i, my .kobo folder.I have just created one and put the korereader inside but nothing happened...
I did nt find any alternate reader Korereader after reboot (where is it ?)
I think it don t work
could you explain step by step or post a video ? thanks
There are several options how to use Koreader on Kobo devices. You can find two methods (with KFMon and KSM respectively) here. If you have a H2O Edition 2 you can choose any of these two methods. If you have a H2O Edtion 2 Version 2 use KFMon.
If you go with KSM, take KSM 09. Note that this is the KSM 08 thread.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:37 AM   #995
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
thank you for this answer I ll Try
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:56 PM   #996
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
bricked h2o2 version 2

Put on H2O2 version 2 and I think I bricked it Help!! D:
EDIT: rebooted and KSM didn't show up at all! just launched nickel, so I guess it doesn't work with H2O2 V2.

Last edited by Elektron; 06-25-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #997
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do I uninstall KSM 08?!

Kobo is wrecked, just rebooting when I disconnect! Then it launches nickel. What's going on?!
Old 06-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #998
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Kobo is wrecked, just rebooting when I disconnect! Then it launches nickel. What's going on?!
Factory reset your device!
Old 06-25-2020, 03:28 PM   #999
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Factory reset your device!
Why would you want to factory reset?

From what I've been reading, KSM no longer work. I cannot say which firmware it stops working.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:29 PM   #1000
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
KSM is not working with the version of the firmware your H2O is running. You should uninstall KSM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:16 PM   #1001
Elektron
Banned

How do I uninstall KSM 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
KSM is not working with the version of the firmware your H2O is running. You should uninstall KSM.
Okay. How do I uninstall it?
Old 06-25-2020, 10:54 PM   #1002
Elektron
Banned

WiFi issues on Kobo, freezes when scanning.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:09 PM   #1003
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Okay. How do I uninstall it?
Personally, I would suggest tapping on the search icon in the top right corner, type devmodeon in the search box. Then go to Settings => Device Information => Developer Options. Tap on View. Locate the Factory reset your eReader adn tap on Reset. This will trigger the old complete wipe from the reset partition factory reset.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:45 PM   #1004
Elektron
Banned

Tried factory reset. Didn't work. So I did a manual (hard) reset and Wifi worked fine. Thank you DNSB!
Old 06-26-2020, 06:21 PM   #1005
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Tried factory reset. Didn't work. So I did a manual (hard) reset and Wifi worked fine. Thank you DNSB!
Try to find a way to factory reset your device, or at least delete .adds\kbmenu_user.