Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-12-2022, 06:07 PM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
Question

I HOPE I did not post this in the wrong spot. If I did so sorry and please point me to the right area Please and Thank you.

When I open The calibre ebook reader program, it takes me to a page for me to select book. What I wanna do is When I open Calibre Ebook Reader it takes me Right to the book I was reading.

Is this possible, If so what am I missing.......my guess if I am missing something its pretty simple. Thank you.
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I moved your post to Viewer.

If you open the Viewer using the small arrow on the Icon
(or right click the Icon), it show the last 5 books opened. the top is the Last. click it and it will take you to the book. For some reason, it does not take you even close to the last place you were at).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 08:13 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you opening the viewer?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:18 PM   #4
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

So I guess you just cant open the viewer and it will go strait to the book you were reading already, am I understanding you right??

To open the viewer, I just found the calibre in my C/Programs......found the ebook viewer then created a short cut to my desktop.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:20 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In your shortcut add the --continue option to the command line
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2022, 08:21 PM   #6
tym
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I moved your post to Viewer.

If you open the Viewer using the small arrow on the Icon
(or right click the Icon), it show the last 5 books opened. the top is the Last. click it and it will take you to the book. For some reason, it does not take you even close to the last place you were at).
Mine does. Check your settings. When you open up the ebook reader, right click, go to preferences, then Misalaneous, Then check the boxes needed to save your progress.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:27 PM   #7
tym
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Can you be a bit more specific please? No clue how to do that??
Old 03-12-2022, 09:58 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
Mine does. Check your settings. When you open up the ebook reader, right click, go to preferences, then Misalaneous, Then check the boxes needed to save your progress.
Been using it for 10Y and I missed that setting (I might have thought is put a placemark in the book : unwanted)
Old 03-12-2022, 10:03 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
Can you be a bit more specific please? No clue how to do that??
picture worth many words
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	continue.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	192735  
Old 03-13-2022, 11:09 AM   #10
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Learn something new every day … didn’t know about this one, very useful, thanks!
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 02:22 PM   #11
tym
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
picture worth many words
Thank you so very very much. It worked great. I didnt realize there was a space before --continue.