Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
A little help for ex-kindle owner

Hi all! I finally purchased a Kobo Glo. Just for a little nostalgia, I'm trying to port the kindle software to the Kobo.
In order to do so I need to fake some hardware and other things...
for starting, I'd need the output of the command
Code:
cat /proc/board_id
from a Kindle Paperwhite. As I see it this shouldn't be personal data since every Paperwhite should share the same ID? I don't really know.
Please give me a hand if you can spare a minute
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

mmh, google is my friend and I found one, looks like it is quite personal. But maybe I'm wrong.
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I am not trying to sound all negative, but that would take a LOT of effort...
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
I am not trying to sound all negative, but that would take a LOT of effort...
Everybody needs a hobby. Porting software is certainly more productive than spending all those hours watching television (or other nonproductive media consumption). I really love all the indie media being created as a labor of love these days, by amateur or semi-professional content producers who have joined the "maker revolution".

Of course distributing the ported OS would require it to be distributed in the form of patch files, so that end users can download a full firmware update from amazon and apply the patches to it to create the ported version for themselves. That would of necessity mean that the 5.3.1 firmware update should be used as a base for the port, because it is the only known "full update" at this time.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-09-2013 at 09:20 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Everybody needs a hobby. Porting software is certainly more productive than spending all those hours watching television (or other nonproductive media consumption). I really love all the indie media being created as a labor of love these days, by amateur or semi-professional content producers who have joined the "maker revolution".

Of course distributing the ported OS would require it to be distributed in the form of patch files, so that end users can download a full firmware update from amazon and apply the patches to it to create the ported version for themselves. That would of necessity mean that the 5.3.1 firmware update should be used as a base for the port, because it is the only known "full update" at this time.
That's exactly my plan it doesn't seem to be so much time consuming since they are binary compatible.
Advert