Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
zvonchica
zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3.4 WiFi
Can't launch KindlePdfViewer on Kindle 3.4 WiFi

I tried to launch kindlepdfviewer with no success. Jailbreaking and installation of launchpad went smoothly. I downloaded the latest zip file for KindlePdfViewer https://github.com/downloads/hwhw/ki...r-v2012.11.zip which contained three folders: kindlepdfviewer, launchpad and kite.

I created customupdates folder on my Kindle and copied the content of folders kindlepdfviewer in it. I also copied kpdf.ini file from zip/Launchpad folder into Launchpad folder (on the Kindle root). When I pressed Shift-Shift-I, got the message "Success". Had been waiting for a minute and then pressed Shift-Shift-Space. It was also "Success", but when I finally pressed Shift-P-D, I got the message "Failed".

Can somebody pls help? I am clueless when it's about tech gadgets but I'd like to use this small kindle for comfortable reading pdf files.
zvonchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
zvonchica
zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zvonchica has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3.4 WiFi
Sorry, my mistake! I should have copied entire zip file into customupdates folder, now it's working like a charm!
zvonchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert