Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
audiobook optimized player

Considering that a lot of people here usey audiobooks too I was wondering that nobody hasn't pointed this app out yet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...udiobookplayer
The dev also has an folder based music player and a widget serving both apps.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
That's the player my wife uses for her audio books. She likes it so far. The per file bookmarking is the key feature for her.
I'll mention in case anyone else has the issue that she had to turn off the audio enhancement features in the player (equalizer, bass boost, etc) because when they were on they caused the volume to fluctuate.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
That's the one I use.

As far as I can see, there isn't much choice for audio books on Android. Thank god that this one is so good.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
After taking a second look at the available audio book players, it looks like thare are few more now.

That shows how long it's been since I last looked. still, I'm not switching now as this app does all I need (and then some).
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I got Akimbo
was the first one i liked the look of.

Did notice that it's useful to put a .nomedia file in your audio books, to stop them showing up in normal music player apps. (just a text file, empty, with the extension changed to .nomedia)

Actually I don't use my nexus 7 for audio books, as I like to put them on an old phone, so I can slip it under my pillow, on very low volume, and drift off to a story.

Just don't feel safe doing same with the N7. But if you listen normally then a dedicated audio player is definitely worth it
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

.nomedia works for image dirs too.
Remarkable feature is, that both of Morts' players ignore it, so you can prevent e.g. your cover jpgs cluttering in your image collections.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
I'm using Akimbo, it's a great audiobook player! It resumes from where we stopped.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Morts does too and you can afair even set bookmarks
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Morts does too and you can afair even set bookmarks
...and Mortplayer is free...not that Akimbo is very expensive, but still....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote