Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-15-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
Compy
Compy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi From Chester UK

Hi, I have just started with ubuntu and calibre on a newly built PC and newly acquired asustor4 NAS. First time for everything.
I have lots of books and documents now stored on NAS and have managed to get calibre to build a library on the NAS using a mount with nobrl specified.

I have another problem now. I wish to load some Libreoffice writer documents into calibre and have set the keywords in the documents to a, b, c. I have set the tags in calibre to be hierarchical. If I load the document into calibre it only takes the first keyword and ignores the rest. If I save the document as a PDF and load that it sees all 3 keywords.

The PDF load creates 3 separate tag fields in calibre so that I can select by field a,b or c or any combination of them - just as I want. However I do not want to save as a PDF to get this to work.
How do I load the Libreoffice document and get calibre to see all the keywords/tags?

ubuntu 20.04
calibre 5.34.0
Libreoffice 7.2.5.2

Thanks
Compy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:20 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

First off, it's not a good idea to keep your calibre library on a NAS.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...rked-drive-nas

As to your tag field problem, you should ask that in our calibre subforum, as that's where the calibre gurus hang out.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2022, 08:46 AM   #3
Compy

Thanks. I realise about the locking issue on NAS but need to share the books across multiple PCs without having multiple copies. If there is another way please let me know. In the meantime, I have re-posted this on the subforum. Can this thread be deleted?
Old 01-16-2022, 09:22 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compy View Post
Thanks. I realise about the locking issue on NAS but need to share the books across multiple PCs without having multiple copies. If there is another way please let me know.
Calibre Content Server is one way.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html

Calibre-Web is another:
https://github.com/janeczku/calibre-web
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:18 AM   #5
Compy

Thanks. I will take a look
Advert