Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-02-2021, 06:23 AM   #1
jonnyl
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
KOReader on Tagus Gaia (Onyx clone)

I purchased a used Tagus Gaia and would like to use KOReader on it. The device runs Android 4.4.4 and allows installing additional apps without any modifications.

However, while KOReader installs fine and also starts up, there apparently is a touch screen refreshing issue. The app responds to touches, but there is no screen refresh until I put the device to sleep and wake it up again. Further, if I try to open the Settings menu (gear icon), the device freezes completely and I have to hard reset it by long-pressing the power button and restart it.

Here are the specs:
CPU: Rockchip RK3066 1.2 GHz
4x ARM Cortex A-7
Board: rk30sdk

I've tried searching the forums for help but couldn't find anything useful to me. Apparently it may have something to do with 'Freescale' but not sure what that is or what I should do. The problem occurs with the current release (2021.11) as well as an older one I tried (2021.03). Any help would be appreciated.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:00 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Please take a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8482

tl;dr Go to the file browser, "Tools" → "More Tools" → "Developer options" → "Start compatibility test"
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert