Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 01:22 AM   #16
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmos

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihrimah View Post
I've got those filled in; it only happens when "Max results" is 20 or above. I'll take some screenshots and message them to you.
Just waiting for confirmation from mihrimah, but this looks like it is caused by a weird non-printing character in one of the book titles.
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:23 AM   #17
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmos

Qt6 test version added to second post.
Advert
Old 02-22-2022, 09:22 PM   #18
Bradles
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradles View Post
Just waiting for confirmation from mihrimah, but this looks like it is caused by a weird non-printing character in one of the book titles.
Confirmed by mihrimah that removing the weird non-printing character from the book title in LT has fixed the loading of LT books.
Old 07-21-2022, 09:47 PM   #19
Bradles
Connoisseur

calibre 6 / Qt6 compatible version 0.2.1 released and attached to first post.
Old 09-24-2022, 04:24 PM   #20
lschierer
lschierer began at the beginning.

Device: none
error connecting

I am using Calibre 6.5.0 on OSX, after configuring the plugin I get the error
```
KeyError('books')
```
when I either test the connection or attempt to use the find match button. The default username of "sample" does not cause this error, but I am unable to figure out what about my account causes it.
lschierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #21
Bradles
Connoisseur

Hi lschierer,

I strongly suspect it is because your LibraryThing catalogue is not public:

LibraryThing - Settings - Account Settings:

LibraryThing Match can only work with public catalogues, but it will not retrieve "private" books.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do, as this is a fundamental part of LibraryThing security/privacy. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	1714
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	196756  
Old 10-11-2022, 05:56 PM   #22
Tenome
Enthusiast
Tenome began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wouldn't it make more sense to save the LT ID in Calibre's ID field, rather than a column? Like the Goodreads plugin does.
Tenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #23
Bradles
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenome View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to save the LT ID in Calibre's ID field, rather than a column? Like the Goodreads plugin does.
Yes, which I didn't do initially, but I made it an option in version 0.2.0.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:19 PM   #24
fishcasa
fishcasa began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 10.1
Just wanted to say thank you. This is a great plugin and your documentation makes it easy to implement. I love the link back to my page on LT.
fishcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 05:18 PM   #25
Bradles
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcasa View Post
Just wanted to say thank you. This is a great plugin and your documentation makes it easy to implement. I love the link back to my page on LT.
No worries. I'm glad to hear that you like it.

Not sure if you saw it, but Post #12 includes instructions for setting up a couple of custom columns with other links back to LT:
  • LT Find - Execute a search in LT
  • LT Add - Open the "Add Books" page in LT
They go straight to your book if you already "matched" the book.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:53 AM   #26
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
Error connecting

Calibre version 6.21, Plugin version 0.2.1. I have my LT username in the field and my catalog is public. It will not connect, giving me this error:

Code:
JSONDecodeError('Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)')
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 06:58 PM   #27
Bradles
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwright View Post
Calibre version 6.21, Plugin version 0.2.1. I have my LT username in the field and my catalog is public. It will not connect, giving me this error:

Code:
JSONDecodeError('Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)')
I found another thread with the same error for something else:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4204552

It looks like a corrupt / empty config file.

If the error relates to LTMatch's config file, try deleting librarything_match.json in the plugins folder (C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\calibre\p lugins in Windows 10).

If that doesn't work, post some more of the error message and we'll have a look.

Last edited by Bradles; 06-14-2023 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:04 PM   #28
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
Just checked the thread today, so trying it now. I went to the config folder, deleted the JSON file, then restarted Calibre.

Loaded up the LT match window, then config. Added my username + checked the calibre ID box, clicked load LT books and no dice, same error code as above.
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 05:57 PM   #29
Bradles
Connoisseur

Can you post the whole error message.
Also confirm that the LTMatch config file actually has something in it.
Try deleting the config file, restarting calibre, and doing a "Test Connection" with the default settings ("sample" library, which is something that actually exists.)
Old 07-13-2023, 06:32 AM   #30
sarahemmm
Happily retired s/w eng
sarahemmm began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I finally got my calibre library to the state where I could try matching with LT. It works great!

I will have to go back and change the matching levels (can't find a way to unmatch some books which show 95% but should not be matched) and redo the matching, but it is clearly excellent. Thanks so much, Bradley!
sarahemmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, librarything, ltmatch