Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-23-2023, 01:52 PM   #1
moonstone_305
moonstone_305 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Specificity Issue in link coloring

When making the css for my ebook, i noticed that i wasn't able to change the color of the links. I want to make it so that the footnote links in the ebook are the same color as the text, but no matter what i do (adding class or id tags), it doesn't change. the only way that it works is if i add the "!important" to it, or use inline styling, but i would really rather not do that. Does anyone have any solutions?
moonstone_305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 02:25 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Does it not work in Sigil's Preview, or are you viewing it in another app/reader where it doesn't work?

Also... get ready for opinions on why link text being the same color as regular text is a bad idea.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2023, 02:45 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Why even bother with links if they are invisible?

I do remove the :visited and :link specific colors (not very useful on eink), and why do I need to know I have used the inline TOC? (I usually delete if all it does is mimic what is in the NCX)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 04:43 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Can you give an example of the code you are using?

I typically define the <a> in the css… I don’t use spans within the <a>.

Code:
a {color:inherit}

<p>This sentence has a <a href="yourlink.html">link</a>.</p>

Last edited by Turtle91; 07-23-2023 at 04:45 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css