Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 12-13-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Better Tolino dictionaries – asking for help

Tolino e-readers use version 6 of Reimar Döffinger’s (mainly Wiktionary-based) dictionaries (see Dictionary, DictionaryPC, Download), using the .quickdic format. There’s also a nice Android app.

Unfortunately, there’s only sparse documentation, and Wiktionary coding has changed heavily over the past years, resulting in nearly unusable pre-made dictionaries (especially the single-language "look-up" dictionaries). These now contain pages over pages of badly-formatted Wiktionary code instead of readable content. (See attached screenshots in my issue.)

The "usual" ways to self-create dictionaries fail, for example creating text-based files from Wiktionary XML dumps and converting these using software like pyglossary. I don’t speak Java, so I can’t modify the code myself.

I have already created tab-separated text files using a Rexx script by user "tscho" on the E-Reader Forums, then tried to convert these into a "single-language" lookup-dictionary using rdoeffinger’s tools, but to no avail. It is currently not supported. (See my issue regarding that.)

Mr. Döffinger told me he could give more priority to that, in case "a community existed" and "people would be willing to collaborate".

To all that wish for better Tolino dictionaries: Please participate in the discussions below and—if anyhow possible—help out and collaborate! THANK YOU!
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 02:50 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I would like to see better dictionaries for the Tolino as well, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Sorry. The PocketBook uses the .dic format which seems more widespread and I was able to upgrade my dictionaries there. But I only had to download them.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #3
reindu
reindu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
I agree, the Tolino dictionaries are disappointing. I picked up my old Kobo to read an English novel with help of the oxford dictionary. With the Kobo I found on internet quite a load of alternative dictionaries, I installed then a Swedish one. Tolino doesn't have that possibility, I tried some time ago to find a .dic file for Swedish, but nope. Maybe there is a way to transform the Kobo way of dictionaries?
reindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:58 AM   #4
reindu
reindu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Maybe there is a way to transform the Kobo-type of dictionaries to .dic's.
reindu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:18 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by reindu View Post
Maybe there is a way to transform the Kobo-type of dictionaries to .dic's.
Here's a source for dictionaries in .dic format, but doesn't the Tolino use .quickdic format? I'm using these dictionaries on my PocketBook. If I could use these on the Tolino I'd be very happy.

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?c...g3X&page=login
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote