Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
Storing different versions in seperate folders

Hi

Just a query if anyone can help.

I seem to have a need to store different versions of ebook in seperate folders I think.

Problem I have is, in my house we have different reading devices that use different software.

Wife - Iphone Using Stanza and Iphonebookshelf
Me - Itouch Iphonebookshelf and HTC Phone (Windevice) Mobipocket
5 x Kids with Itouch x 2 + Nokias x 2 + iphone using stanza and mobipocket

Yes we are out of control I'd buy us all Sonys but cant get them in Australia.

I have one library on the network using Calibre as the main repository of books. Scanned and purchased.

The problem I seem to be having is with the books being stored in one folder

\ebooks
--------\author
--------------\bookname
-----------------book.epub
-----------------book.mobi
-----------------bookcover.jpg

using iphonebookshelf doesnt work when downloading a book when multiple formats are stored in the same folder, so what Im looking for is a way to store different formats in a seperate folder

\ebooks
--------\author
--------------\bookname
-------------------\bookname in epub format
---------------------------------bookcover.jpg
---------------------------------book.epub
-------------------\bookname in mobi format
---------------------------------book.mobi

Thanks

Tony
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
i'm afraid you can't do that with calibre. But why not try to get everyone using stanza, then they can all use the same calibre library with no problems
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
Yeah looks like I will have to get everyone onto stanza. We all did have Stanza, but since Amazon now owns it, I don't trust them at all. I would imagine at some stage they will cripple Stanza to only work with DRm books from amazon or something just as stupid. Worries me when I can lose access to books I have. Just have to work around it for now. Thanks though...
Cheers
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote