Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
K3:Don't see new photo folder I just added

I had 3 folders under Pictures on my K3. I added a 4th to sample some screensavers. It does not show as a new book.

I have restarted using settings/menu/restart about 3 times and it still is not there.

While on this subject of showing and restarting, I thought I had read that there was an Alt- letter combo that would REFRESH things without fully restarting - do I recall correctly or incorrectly?

Thanks in advance
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Alt + Z refreshes it. See if that helps.
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
THANKS!

That did it.

Of course, being the curious type - why does not a RESTART using the Menu do it? I'd think a restart would clear "caches" or "memory" or whatever stores the indexes or pointers. But nonetheless, the Alt-z did do it.

So, again, Thanks.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
THANKS!

That did it.

Of course, being the curious type - why does not a RESTART using the Menu do it? I'd think a restart would clear "caches" or "memory" or whatever stores the indexes or pointers. But nonetheless, the Alt-z did do it.

So, again, Thanks.
A Restart from the menu is a "Soft" restart,

Try holding the POWER switch over for about 30 seconds, thhat invokes a "Hard" restart, you get the Person reading under the tree and a progress bar as it restarts but no need really when Alt Z works
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote