Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
ks-man
ks-man began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Can't get both Epub and Adobe PDF on Ereader

I recently got a new Sony Ereader PRS-300.

I have been having a problem with it and don't know if this is normal. I have a Mac with Snow Leopard.

I can't seem to get both Epub books and DRMed Adobe PDF books working at the same time. It seems like whichever is first synced to the reader is the format that is allowed. So for example, if I have 4 Epub books and 2 PDF books and the first one alphabetically synced is an EPub book, than all the Epub books can be read but all the PDF books will say it is protected. If I sync a PDF book first alphabetically than the PDF books will work but the EPub books won't.

Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks.
ks-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks-man View Post
I can't seem to get both Epub books and DRMed Adobe PDF books working at the same time.
Are either a library book? There are reported problems that you can't have both DRM'd ePub and DRM'd pdf on the reader at the same time.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
ks-man

Sorry, I should have said that. Yes they are both checked out public library books. So you are saying that it is reported that it won't work having both on your reader at the same time?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks-man View Post
Sorry, I should have said that. Yes they are both checked out public library books. So you are saying that it is reported that it won't work having both on your reader at the same time?
Not at the same time. Sony is aware of the problem, the current work-a-round is their response given here:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1008686

A discussion on this problem can be found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48234

I hope this is helpful.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
ks-man

That is exactly what I've been seeing. Annoying, but helpful to see that it is a known issue. Thank you for posting the two links.
Advert