Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #1531
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
My apologies.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #1532
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@Japes-
Per the first post
You need : Kindle Paperwhite, Firmware 5.3.x: download *_fw531.zip
I know it doesn't look right, but it is.

redundant post...ixtab types faster, as usual.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #1533
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Getting a 007 update error. Installed the Kindlet thing but, for some reason, I am not able to install this hack.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #1534
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
(re)install the jailbreak.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #1535
Japes
Addict

Ok, you mean the main jailbreak right? Do I then have to reinstall everything else?
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #1536
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Ok, you mean the main jailbreak right? Do I then have to reinstall everything else?
Yes, the "main" (device) jailbreak. Nope, you don't need to reinstall anything (but it won't do any harm). Actually, just install JBPatch, and try to run the app. It will tell you if something is missing, in which case you can refer to the first post and install the missing parts
Old 09-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #1537
Japes
Addict

worked this time but when I tried running the hack, it said I had to install the Kindlet (which I had already done). I will re-do that now.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #1538
Japes
Addict

Awesome. Everything appears to be working now.

Now, how do I actually modify the margins?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #1539
Japes
Addict

Changed it and saved it but, it doesn't seem to have done anything when I open a new book
Old 09-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #1540
ixtab
(offline)

*sigh* Remember that thing about "read the documentation please"? Restart the framework.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #1541
Japes
Addict

I did that too. No change.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #1542
ixtab
(offline)

More documentation.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #1543
Japes
Addict

I did all that. I even tried opening a new book and switching between the 3 margin settings. I've now gone very extreme and restarted the framework and will try again.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #1544
Japes
Addict

Worked now. Thanks so much for your help and for your patience.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #1545
ixtab
(offline)

Thanks, and sorry if I seemed a bit grumpy. It's just that these things are pretty obvious to me - and I know that they work, because as said, thousands of people are using them. So I'm always assuming that it's a n00b mistake which can be remedied by reading the documentation and then doing things accordingly.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks