Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Sajjad76
Banned
Sajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1th generation
Kindle Paperwhite zooming probelm

Hi,I have kindle paperwhite.When zooming in this PDF
link to pirated material deleted by moderator
in page 11 the left part of screen goes blank.
How can it be solved do you think.?
It also happens in some other PDfs too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00027.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	608.8 KB
ID:	114301   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00028.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	655.2 KB
ID:	114302   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00031.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	763.8 KB
ID:	114345  

Last edited by HarryT; 11-01-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Sajjad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
sevenkul
sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think you just shared a copyrighted material. Anyway, zoom option in paperwhite is simply buggy and useless. Forget about this feature. You can try reading kindle version of this book which is available at amazon website.
sevenkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
Sajjad76
Banned
Sajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of lightSajjad76 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks,so much.I live in Iran and I am unable to buy this book.
Anyway did you see the blank space in your kindle yourself?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
If you post a link to pirated material again you will be instantly and permanently banned from MobileRead. This is your one and only warning. Take it seriously.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
sevenkul
sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjad76 View Post
Thanks,so much.I live in Iran and I am unable to buy this book.
Anyway did you see the blank space in your kindle yourself?
Yes, I have seen such a space in a different dummy series book. However, I don't care now because that blank space is not the only problem. Zooming PDF is completely buggy.
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #6
Sajjad76
Banned

what are other problems?
What was that other dummy series book?

Last edited by Sajjad76; 11-05-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
Sajjad76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkul View Post
Yes, I have seen such a space in a different dummy series book. However, I don't care now because that blank space is not the only problem. Zooming PDF is completely buggy.
what are other problems?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
sevenkul

Quote:
what are other problems?
I had a look at Arabic for Dummies sample PDF. Each PDF book has its own zoom problems. I avoided documenting all of the bugs so far since they have no standard and no basis and no definite number.

When you double tap on the screen, it is expected that kindle zooms to the column you have double tapped and leave no margin on the right and left. However it doesn't always work. It sometimes zooms to a word or even a character which fills the screen.

Anyway, once you succeded to zoom to column correctly, you can view the rest of the column by one tapping, like simple page turning. At least this is what I expect. However, again it zooms to any random word anywhere on the page.

When you zoom by double finger action, you have to fit the page on the screen. Characters should be big enough to be readible but the lines must be visible on the screen. You have to be punctual. You can't scroll to see the rest of each line. Slow screen and processor multiplies the problem.

Once you zoom, you can scroll by hand to see rest of the page. However, you can't jump to second page on that zoom level. You have to exit zoom view and zoom on the next page. Try again adjusting correct zoom level.

Zooming triggers low memory errors. On some PDF books you mustn't play with zooming. Otherwise you will have to restart the device.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Sajjad76
Banned

Did you experience low memory error after firmware 5.3.8.1?
Old 11-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
sevenkul

Quote:
Did you experience low memory error after firmware 5.3.8.1?
No, because I quit reading PDFs long before FW5.3.8.1.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Sajjad76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkul View Post
No, because I quit reading PDFs long before FW5.3.8.1.
You mean you covert them?
With which software?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
Sajjad76
Banned

I have problem in converting them.