Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Edit Custom Comments Font

The font for custom Comments columns always defaults to Times Roman, could it be made to use the default value like standard Comments text.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The font where? In Book details?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The font where? In Book details?
In the edit panel itself - see attachment

In doing that screen capture I discovered that if click into HTML View and then click into Normal View it comes back as the default font - if I include My Comments column in Book Details it displays in the default (MS Dlg 2) font

I normally paste the following into HTML Source panel of the My Comments column before I start to type

Code:
<div><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#ffffff">.</font><div><b>My Comments</b></div><div><br></div><div><b><br></b></div></div>
Don't ask why the snippet is as it is, I lifted it from somewhere and it does the job, that's all I care about. I have a similar snippet that I put at the top of Standard Comments

I was trying to figure out a way of not having to paste the snippets

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	113447  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're saying this happens only for the custom comments edit box and not the builtin one?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You're saying this happens only for the custom comments edit box and not the builtin one?
Correct - only custom Comments in the standalone editor - not custom or standard comments in the Metadata editor.

You may recall the frustrations I expressed with Metadata Edit and its layout of Custom Comment columns at launchpad.

That was solved when I discovered I could have custom comments shown in the spreadsheet, that I could edit them by pressing F2, and I could make them look half decent by hiding them behind column icons with no text. Incidentally I regard this feature of calibre as manna from heaven - I now only use the bulk Metadata Editor.

Had I known that in trying to get rid of the pesky html snippet pastes that I would, as a consequence (not as a cause), lose my column icons I wouldn't have bothered

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-16-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...195d893da76d82
Old 10-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thanks Kovid
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Now that we are talking custom comments.

Here's another issue I noticed. I have two custom comment fields and also changed the order of the fields shown in the metadata editor's custom tab. Don't know if this fact is related to the issue though.

When using the Metadata editor (single book mode) and using the previous/next buttons. The 'html source' tab of a custom comment gets out of sync with the 'Normal View'

It does not matter if I have the html source tab or the normal view tab focussed.
It always switches away from the html source tab to the normal view tab anyways when using prev/next and when I then switch back to html source, I always see the html source of the first book on which I opened the metadata editor, as if it got stuck
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes that was fixed as part of fixing BR's bug report. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...997cf3321a1309
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Great two birds with one stone
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote