Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
because in one case the filename is sanitized to remove non ascii characters and in the other it isn't. Opena ticket for this and I will look at it when I have time.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #17
Ketandp
Ketandp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Sony PRS 700BC
OK,

I had to change it from TLS to SSL to make it work with port:465.
I'm now trying to see if I can get it delivered to @free.kindle.com and pick them up using 3g or wifi..

EDIT:

Test email goes fine to my personal email account. However, nothing showed up on my kindle when I right click on a news and choose to send it to @free.kindle.com address.

I tried sending this same news to @mydomain.com personal account, but it never showed up - test email to this account however works!!

Any indeas!!

Last edited by Ketandp; 10-30-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketandp View Post
Test email goes fine to my personal email account.

I tried sending this same news to @mydomain.com personal account, but it never showed up - test email to this account however works!!
Do you have auto send checked (see attached)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preferences-mail.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	60371  
Old 10-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
Ketandp

^Yes, I have the autosend checked.

What if I right click one of the news/book from the lib >> Connect/Share >> Email to xxx@free.kindle.com!! Is it not going to send the selected news/book? Thats what I'm trying to do.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What if I right click one of the news/book from the lib >> Connect/Share >> Email to xxx@free.kindle.com!! Is it not going to send the selected news/book? Thats what I'm trying to do.
This should work. If you can send to your personal non-kindle email account then the only thing I can think of is a typo in your send address, your from address or in your Amazon account where you set the from address of the email accounts you allow to send to your Kindle.
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
Ketandp

Ok, here are the observations.

- If I send a test email to my personal email account (gmail and MSN both tested) using Calibre test message - This works
- I sent a doc file from my personal email account (MSN) to @free.kindle.com - This works
- I send a news to my personal email account using Calibre (connect-share option) - This DOESNT work
- I send a news to my @free.kindle.com account using Calibre (connect-share option) - This DOESNT work
- Obvious that the autosend is not working upon arrival of news since manual didnt work

I'm using my free gmail account in Calibre to send emails - the only thing seems to be working in Calibre is the test email. I have verified the spellings everywhere again and dont see an issue there.

I wish this will start working soon.
Ketan.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
- I send a news to my personal email account using Calibre (connect-share option) - This DOESNT work
I don't know how to help you. I tested the right click and send email via the connect-share option and it works fine on my Windows XP box running 0.7.26

Maybe someone else has a clue.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #23
Ketandp

Just an update I was supposed to be adding the same day as my last post.
This has started working. I dont know what was stuck. However, when I saw the update for 0.7.26, applied it and restarted the machine, this thing started working just fine on both my machines. Notebook and desktop as well.

Now, with desktop, it worked for a couple of times and then started giving me below issue. However, this works perfectly fine with my notebook so far.

My desktop is at work and notebook keeps hoping between home<>work. I'm not sure if this is broken due to some port blocked for my desktop IP/Mac or something else broke it, but I use it with notebook + home wi-fi combo almost all the time for past couple of days and its still working.
Following is what I'm getting on my desktop. Since this is not an "Email To" issue, I should stop here - may be this thread can be closed. Thank you all for your help and suggestions..

URLError(gaierror(11004, 'getaddrinfo failed'),)

> From the job details.

Failed feed: Entertainment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 1281, in parse_feeds
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 209, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 236, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 191, in open
File "urllib2.py", line 407, in _open
File "urllib2.py", line 367, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_http.py", line 729, in http_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.1.11-py2.6.egg\mechanize\_http.py", line 706, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed>
Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
getaddrinfo failed means a dns lookup failed (which can be caused by endless network problems)
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #25
flyup
flyup began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
i have the same problem...

see thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77#post1356777

thanks for any ideas
Closed Thread

Tags
email transfer