Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
drtom
drtom began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question how to convert a whole downloaded website into something that can be read by kindledx

I have downloaded a website to my HD, which is about 2GB and has thousands and thousands of HTML files. Yes, there is one index.html file that serve as index. Is there any way to make this whole folder of HTML files into one single file that can be read by kindle dx.

your help will be much appreciated
drtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
drtom
drtom began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre expert, please help.
drtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try the following...

1. Open a command prompt
2. go tot he directory that has the website
3. type ... ebook-convert index.html .mobi
4. have a look and see how it looks on the computer and if it looks ok, move it to the DX
5. Read and enjoy
6. Done
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I very much doubt if 2GB of HTML files are made into a single ebook that any ebook reader would be capable of handling that large a book. I would like to be proved wrong though ...
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
btafssp
btafssp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
website conversion

Any luck?
btafssp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by btafssp View Post
Any luck?
I haven't used it but you might want to experiment with the web2disk command line program in calibre's program directory.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote