Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Happy 50th Birthday Kaz!

What did you do to celebrate?
...and what toys did you get?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Happpppyyyyyy Bbbbirrrthhhhdaayyyyyy yooounnnnngggg lllladddddyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 05:36 AM   #18
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Happy birthday Kaz!

Watcha get? Watcha do?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #19
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Oh dear... that explains why the birthday cake was... err, is there.

Well uh, Happy Birthday!

*runs*
Silly Ferret, Trix are for kids! - see the movie Kill Bill" for reference

PS Thanks!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #20
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to everyone for all of the birthday wishes. Your posts have absolutely made this very "trying" birthday much more bareable!!
XOXO to all.

To answer your questions:
David got me the Asus netbook. The Blue one! It's supposed to arrive today and I am driving the dogs crazy jumping up to see if it's the delivery truck everytime a car passes by!

The kids gave me a PC drawing tablet to use in my studio.

My parents and in-laws gave me money (quite a bit, actually) to splurge at the wholesale bead shop Maryland!

And my BFF (I know, we are way too old for that but it gives us a chuckle) decorated the front of my house very early in the morning!

Life is Good!
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow your house is gorgeous!!! Nice birthday presents
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #22
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Excellent birthday presents! The balloons are fabulous -- what a lovely surprise to wake up to first thing in the morning.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
That's no house - it's a mansion .....

Hope your pressies arrive soon and you can then enjoy.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Hippo Birdie, two ewes!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #25
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
That's no house - it's a mansion .....

Hope your pressies arrive soon and you can then enjoy.....
You say that only because you don't have to clean it!! Otherwise, it's just a big old box I have to scrub weekly!

But, thanks all for the complements. I'll try to put some interior pics in an album. I'm pretty proud of all the interior decorating I did. I also designed the landscaping and did all the planting (with the family's help, of course.)
Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I'm not crazy about turning 50, but you all are making it much easier to handle.

I'm looking at 50 in a few years and not liking it myself.
When I was young I always wanted to be older. Now I'm thinking... not.
But I have to remember as someone else pointed out, the freedoms and new experiences that come along with it!

So enjoy!!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Happy Birthday! And Best Wishes for Many Happy Returns of the Day!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #28
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Happy Birthday again Kaz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	birthday.gif
Views:	166
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	29948

I've also been there and done that (many times) and the one you're at isn't so bad at all. Just another number, and it sure beats the alternative. Just don't burn that gorgeous house down when the candles are lit on your cake.

By the way, I'm considering a plan to get into just a little bit of trouble with the legal system, maybe some white collar crime so to speak, and because it would be my first offense, maybe I could ask for (and be granted) HOUSE ARREST AT YOUR PLACE.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #29
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Happy Bday Kaz. We'll have a drink in your honor at the MeetUp next month!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I'm looking at 50 in a few years and not liking it myself.
When I was young I always wanted to be older. Now I'm thinking... not.
But I have to remember as someone else pointed out, the freedoms and new experiences that come along with it!

So enjoy!!
PEOPLE!!! 50 is awesome!! 40 is heaven!!

This stupid youth oriented culture is so wrong in so many ways.

At 50, with any luck, your kids are out of the house, or at least getting there. You can breathe, enjoy your spouse (if you have one) not worry so much about what everyone else is doing and should you be doing that.

You don't look like the women (men) on TV? So WHAT??

You most likely have more brains and experience, compassion and a much healthier outlook on life.

We are closer to the end of our lives, but it makes living so much sweeter.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote