Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2023, 06:45 PM   #16
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

- Kindle Scribe (1st Generation), 16GB: G09222L
- Kindle Scribe (1st Generation), 32GB: G09223L
All Scribes are wifi only (no cellular), correct?

I also assume you odered from US site for delivery to US address, is the correct?

Did your 16GB model cme with basic pen and 32GB model come ith premium pen?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 04:01 AM   #17
Bluebotlabs
Connoisseur
Bluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bricked PW5
I'm assuming the nickname for the Scribe is KS right?
Bluebotlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2023, 04:12 AM   #18
Bluebotlabs
Connoisseur
Bluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheese

Also it's weird that I cannot find what I think is a KPW5 on the table (S/N prefix `G002` and it says it's a "Kindle Paperwhite 11th Generation)
Old 10-29-2023, 12:45 PM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebotlabs View Post
Also it's weird that I cannot find what I think is a KPW5 on the table (S/N prefix `G002` and it says it's a "Kindle Paperwhite 11th Generation)
No one has sent the necessary info to NiLuJe. The table doesn't update itself and NiLuJe quit aquiring kindles years ago.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:14 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I've got the info for a few devices that people have sent over in my backlog, but I haven't gone through it (and/or validated if they're accurate enough); I'll eventually go through it given the renewed interest, but, yeah, basically, that .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 03:58 AM   #21
Bluebotlabs
Connoisseur

Also when KindleTool supports Kindles not in the table...

at this point I might just write my own JS identification tool using the KindleTool ID stuff

Any reason it uses the 4th 5th and 6th letters of the S/N nowadays rather than the S/N prefix?
Old 10-30-2023, 09:09 AM   #22
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
[snip]
Code:
Kindle models sorted by device code

KindleUnknown                                 0x00                           
Kindle1                                       0x01             ATVPDKIKX0DER 
Kindle2US                                     0x02             A3UN6WX5RRO2AG
. [long list]
KindlePW3Unknown_TTT                          0x6F7B (TTT)      A21RY355YUXQAF
@NiLuJe First time I see these ids. By curiosity, I use KindleTool v1.6.5 from the Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks but the wiki refers to KindleTool v1.7.0. Are these coming from an update? If so, is v1.7.0 publicly available?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 12:00 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
@NiLuJe First time I see these ids. By curiosity, I use KindleTool v1.6.5 from the Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks but the wiki refers to KindleTool v1.7.0. Are these coming from an update? If so, is v1.7.0 publicly available?
The latest kindle_tool.h from github has
Code:
# define KT_VERSION "v1.6.5-GIT"
so good question.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I haven't rebuilt the snapshots in forever, you'll definitely want to build the code yourself from the repo .

(1.7.x was supposed to be a rewrite of the signing code, but I lost interest, so this'll probably stay at 1.6.5.y for ever and ever ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:11 PM   #25
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Thanks for all the good work.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 12:29 PM   #26
Mikel
Mikel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
How to get root password for Kindle Keyboard 3rd

I want to change the tts language to spanish but the update_usertts didn't work so I installed the usbNetwork and it worked, but when I accessed to console via PUTTY, I needed the password of root so I searched and I found this

https://grenville.wordpress.com/2011...root-password/

But I cannot install the drivers for linux so I searched again and I found how to get root password for many kindles just input your serial

https://www.sven.de/kindle/

my root password is fiona91w
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 12:32 PM   #27
Mikel

Great Job guys It's a pleasure to be part of this great community
Old 01-23-2024, 12:43 PM   #28
Mikel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Thanks for all the good work.
Hi Pop thanks for your posts I hope you can help me, I have a Kindle Keyboard 3rd, jailbreak Done!, I need the TTS for Spanish, could you please send me the zip files if you still have them? my email is camilopazandroid@gmail.com
Old 01-23-2024, 08:16 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no PW6. The latest PW is the PW5.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote