Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-10-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
milford833
milford833 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
File size increases when moved to SD Card

Don't know if you can assist me or not. I have downloaded from Fanfiction.net all of my favorites, last month, not now while they are having issues, and I have an issue. When I do the save of the files over to a different directory for backup and copying purposes it saves all of the files just fine, and the size is about 1 GB. When I copy it over to my sd card for my ereader if goes to 4 GB in size. It is not only this as well. I tried copying over the HarryPotterFanfiction.com.7zip file from another site and it does the same thing, on the hard drive it said it was about 5 GB but when I tried to move it to the sd card is said they is not enough space, it says it needs 200GB. What am I doing wrong? I know it is not Calibre causing the issue, but I can not find anything on this at all? When I check properties the size says one size but the size on disk is much more massive on the sd card than on the hard drive.
milford833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:45 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by milford833 View Post
Don't know if you can assist me or not. I have downloaded from Fanfiction.net all of my favorites, last month, not now while they are having issues, and I have an issue. When I do the save of the files over to a different directory for backup and copying purposes it saves all of the files just fine, and the size is about 1 GB. When I copy it over to my sd card for my ereader if goes to 4 GB in size. It is not only this as well. I tried copying over the HarryPotterFanfiction.com.7zip file from another site and it does the same thing, on the hard drive it said it was about 5 GB but when I tried to move it to the sd card is said they is not enough space, it says it needs 200GB. What am I doing wrong? I know it is not Calibre causing the issue, but I can not find anything on this at all? When I check properties the size says one size but the size on disk is much more massive on the sd card than on the hard drive.
What is the format of your hard drive and your SD card? Are the block sizes different? Are you remembering the differences between drive manufacturers where they use 1000 as a kilobyte so 1GB is 1,000,000,000 bytes while operating system file sizes tend to use 1024 so 1GB is 1,073,741,824 bytes. The reason why your 1TB drive shows as 931GB in most operating systems

Last edited by DNSB; 06-10-2021 at 10:48 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert