Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #1
Jubern
Jubern began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Error with import from older version

Hello everyone,

This is my first time writing on this board, I hope I'm doing anything wrong!

The situation is as follows: I've been using calibre for a long time, only it's been for my wife and on a very irregular basis, so I haven't been updating each time nor very careful about backups and such.

I had been using my old Macbook Air for a long time to do this, and switched to a Pro over a year ago. In the meantime the Air stayed in a drawer until I reset-ed it and sold it a couple of days ago.
I hadn't been using calibre at all since I switched computers but I knew I had to backup the library plus chance would have it so that my wife did ask me for help.

I did the backup, sold the MBA and tonight I've been trying to import it on a fresh install of the latest version of calibre... and it doesn't work.

Here's what I'm getting (excuse the initial French!):
"ERREUR : Pas valide: Le dossier /Volumes/USB DISK/Export Calibre n'est pas valide : The exported data in ._part-0001.calibre-data is not valid, version (469769983) is higher than maximum supported version. You might need to upgrade calibre first.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/exim.py", line 263, in select_import_folder
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/exim.py", line 256, in __init__
ValueError: The exported data in ._part-0001.calibre-data is not valid, version (469769983) is higher than maximum supported version. You might need to upgrade calibre first."

The first thing I thought about was that I might have not thought about upgrading calibre on my old MBA before doing the backup and the export might be incompatible with 5.10.1.
I looked into version history and the dates tell me the MBA couldn't have anything newer than 4.5 installed... Tried installing that version instead on my MBP but I'm still getting the exact same error, and again with a 3.x install.

Do you think theres any way I could recover this library...?
I don't have access to the old MBA anyone, which has been reset-ed anyway.

Thank you.
Jubern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no version incompatibility. An export from any version of calibre can be imported into any newer version of calibre. That error indicates the export file data is corrupted. If you have access to the original library folder you can simply copy it over. Or re-export. If not then I'm afraid there is no way to recover a corrupted export.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2021, 03:00 AM   #3
Jubern
Jubern began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you for the advice.

The library was on a USB drive, I simply copied it to the desktop and was able to import the data with no problems.

Jubern is offline   Reply With Quote