Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 06:04 PM   #31
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
So many books, so little time...
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #32
thompsonmax
thompsonmax began at the beginning.

Device: none
Honestly I love reading real paper books rather than e-books but sometimes it is more comfortable to have the only one small e-book with so many different uploaded books inside it.
thompsonmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2020, 01:16 PM   #33
Nestonlady73
Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nestonlady73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo mini
I can't imagine a life without books both the physical variety and nowadays the e-book.I can still remember the thrill I got at the age of 7 when I could go to our local library and choose my own books! Some of my favourite books then were the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton.I had a crush on Julian and wantd to be Georgina (who insisted on being called George) I'm still an avid reader to this day
Nestonlady73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #34
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This gave me a smile. It reminds me of being a kid, when you really could (and did) read all day long. I’d love to get again that feeling of being immersed in a book to the exclusion of all my senses again, and come up groggy as for air when you were done!
"Get off the couch and do something, you need to live in the real world. All of those stories are going to rot your brain."

Sorry... flashbacks from being a kid -- my parents didn't appreciate my reading obsession. But at least I had time to read a lot more than I do now... :-/
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
"Get off the couch and do something, you need to live in the real world. All of those stories are going to rot your brain."
They teach us about the real world and people.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

Sorry... flashbacks from being a kid -- my parents didn't appreciate my reading obsession. But at least I had time to read a lot more than I do now... :-/
I was lucky. My mother liked to read and she encouraged me to read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote