Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
jdpinto
jdpinto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Dark mode on MacOS Mojave

With the recently-released public beta of MacOS Mojave and its upcoming gold release this fall, will Calibre be able to imitate the system's dark mode? This would be wonderful. I know a dark mode already exists on Calibre for Windows but I know of no way to get it on Mac.
jdpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpinto View Post
[ . . . ] I know a dark mode already exists on Calibre for Windows [ . . . ]
I must have missed that, can someone tell me how to do it?

I tried the features in Job Spy, but I found, because of my workflow patterns, it was too easy to lose the settings, so they didn't suit me.

@jdpinto - sorry for somewhat the off-topic response

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-27-2018 at 06:40 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses whatever colors are defined in the system color theme.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:12 PM   #4
jdpinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre uses whatever colors are defined in the system color theme.
On Windows, yes, but as far as I can tell, this isn't yet the case on Mac (running MacOS Mojave beta in dark mode). I'm wondering if there are plans to make this a feature.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not something calibre does, it happens automatically at the toolkit level (the toolkit being Qt). It maybe that Qt does not yet support it on macOS, in which case it is likely to be implemented eventually.
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 10:02 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBU...viewStatus=All
Old 07-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
jdpinto

Quote:
It's not something calibre does, it happens automatically at the toolkit level (the toolkit being Qt). It maybe that Qt does not yet support it on macOS, in which case it is likely to be implemented eventually.
Great to hear, thanks!
Old 05-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
This bug was resolved as Done on 06 Sep '18, and if I'm reading the comments correctly it looks like it is fixed in QT 5.12.0? Does something else have to happen to have Calibre access Dark Mode on MacOS, or does Calibre use an earlier QT?
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:06 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre 4 will use Qt 5.12, util then it uses Qt 5.6
Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #10
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you. I look forward to that.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote