Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #151
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...Ive taken to wearing these Bluetooth headphones.
Do they have Pinktooth versions? My granddaughter likes pink better.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 PM   #152
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I know you don't like in-ear earbuds, but I use these; they're comfortable, wear like iron, and are dirt cheap. I'm no audiophile, but they sound fine to me - far better than my other cheap earbuds. They certainly seem more than adequate for audiobooks, which is all I listen to.
I ordered these cheapies, also Panasonic, to fill in till Sennheiser sends the replacement. I used my $5 Amazon Underground credit, so they ended up costing me practically nothing.

The in-ear ones don't stay in my ears, no matter what size tip I try. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between one tip and another; they all feel the same and they all fall out!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #153
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For anyone having trouble getting earbuds to stay in place, try this:

Spoiler:

Old 05-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #154
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
For anyone having trouble getting earbuds to stay in place, try this:
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:12 AM   #155
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I can't wear Bluetooth headphones I can feel the radiation off them. I guess I am sensitive. It makes my ears hot and makes me a tad ill. The best earbuds I've own are my Amazon ones that came with my Fire Phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-KA416Y-...dp/B00HX0SRXW/

Once I get some extra I plan to get another pair. It would be hard to go back to regular ones after using these. They fit me perfectly and do not hurt my ears. You also can't put them on wrong. The sound is the best I've owned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2016, 05:24 AM   #156
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I can't wear Bluetooth headphones I can feel the radiation off them. I guess I am sensitive. It makes my ears hot and makes me a tad ill. The best earbuds I've own are my Amazon ones that came with my Fire Phone.

Once I get some extra I plan to get another pair. It would be hard to go back to regular ones after using these. They fit me perfectly and do not hurt my ears. You also can't put them on wrong. The sound is the best I've owned.

I still have mine. I don't like earbuds, so I've never used them. They're new and still in the plastic wrapper. If you want 'em, I'll send them to you free. Just let me know.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:29 AM   #157
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I still have mine. I don't like earbuds, so I've never used them. They're new and still in the plastic wrapper. If you want 'em, I'll send them to you free. Just let me know.
Yes I'll take them! I'll send you a PM.

Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #158
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...I don't like earbuds, so I've never used them....

Not all earbuds are created equal. A pair that fits and stays snug in the ears of A may not at all be suitable for B, and vice versa. Finding a pair that fits and stays put can be a pure joy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #159
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Not all earbuds are created equal. A pair that fits and stays snug in the ears of A may not at all be suitable for B, and vice versa. Finding a pair that fits and stays put can be a pure joy.
I know, but my ears don't like things stuck in them. If I have to listen privately, I'll use headphones; even then, I'm not too fond of it. I prefer speakers.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #160
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
I know you don't like in-ear earbuds, but I use these; they're comfortable, wear like iron, and are dirt cheap. I'm no audiophile, but they sound fine to me - far better than my other cheap earbuds. They certainly seem more than adequate for audiobooks, which is all I listen to.
Another vote for these! I have them in every color they make, and multiples of many colors. They are just about the only earbuds that are comfortable for my ears. I have very small ear canals and these are great for me.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:01 AM   #161
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The best earbuds I've own are my Amazon ones that came with my Fire Phone.

I love them, too. I have two pairs, and my boys each have a pair. I have 2 other pairs that have issues. One I have plugged into a PC speaker and works fine, but won't work if attached to any mobile device. The other one has the same device issue (I don't know where it is, it may work in a PC, I'd have to check). Since both of these were used by my 10 yo DD it's hard to say if their is a causation relationship. Needless to say, she won't be getting another pair of those.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #162
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I know, but my ears don't like things stuck in them. If I have to listen privately, I'll use headphones; even then, I'm not too fond of it. I prefer speakers.
I can't stand those in-ear phones that have that thing you put in your ear canal. I only want those that you "hang" in your ears (hooked behind the antitragus and tragus).

I finally got some headphones I can use in bed: the bedphones. Those are on-ear ones, but very thin so you don't push them in your ear if you lay on your side...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #163
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
As further proof of the bolded bit, yesterday I (inadvertently) ran mine through the washer and drier. They're fine and now they're squeaky clean, too.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #164
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I
That said, I use my 64GB iPhone for listening to audiobooks. I listen to them only in the car and I have a cable that connects between the headphone jack on the phone and an "AUX" connection on the front of my radio. I put my books -- all purchased from Audible -- on it through iTunes and then use the Audible app to listen to them.
I listen on my iPhone 6s. I have the 128gb version so I have plenty of space. I listen mostly through Audible and Overdrive.

I wonder how I can download the audiobooks to my Mac? Does Audible still support iTunes?
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:54 AM   #165
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I use my tablet (Nook HD+) 90% of the time, in bed or in the car, but every once in a while I'll use my phone or PC.
Well, the above has inverted. These days I use my phone almost always for audiobooks and only occasionally use the tablet for anything. A bit over a year ago I picked up an HTC One (M8, 2014 model) which has much better audio than any mobile device I've used in the past, is still quite speedy, and gives me no worries on battery life.

The NookHD+ hasn't aged well, and I don't know that I care to replace it. Once upon a time I got a lot of use out of it, and I've looked at newer tablets, but with a good phone, good ereader, and good PC, I'm not missing it. I'd still like a good comic/magazine reader, but a good comic reader would be a large-format, vibrant color ereader, which is not a thing that currently exists.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote