Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
KindleKiwi
KindleKiwi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Exclamation Kindle Keyboard - Some books not showing

Hi there,

I spent 4 hours last night trying to get this to work. I'm off traveling soon and wanted to get my kindle all sorted but I'm having some issues.

Problem: When I load certain books onto my Kindle Keyboard with Calibre they don't show up when I go to use the Kindle.

They do show up as having been loaded successfully (the green tick) in both Calibre 'library' and 'device' but they do not show up on the Kindle itself when I try to use it. They also do not show in Calibre when I try and use the 'Kindle Collections' plugin.

I've looked in the Kindle directory and the book is there in the 'Documents' folder so it has transferred but for some reason does not show.

I've tried a factory reset (hours of sorting books down the drain!) but the problem is still there. I thought it might be an error with the books themselves so I converted one from .mobi to .azw3 but it didn't work.

The real kicker is - most books do work fine. Which leads me to believe it's a problem with the files themselves but they open fine with Calibre's built in e-book reader.

Hopefully this all makes sense!
KindleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Firmware level ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKiwi View Post

Hi there,

I spent 4 hours last night trying to get this to work. I'm off traveling soon and wanted to get my kindle all sorted but I'm having some issues.

Problem: When I load certain books onto my Kindle Keyboard with Calibre they don't show up when I go to use the Kindle.

They do show up as having been loaded successfully (the green tick) in both Calibre 'library' and 'device' but they do not show up on the Kindle itself when I try to use it. They also do not show in Calibre when I try and use the 'Kindle Collections' plugin.

I've looked in the Kindle directory and the book is there in the 'Documents' folder so it has transferred but for some reason does not show.

I've tried a factory reset (hours of sorting books down the drain!) but the problem is still there. I thought it might be an error with the books themselves so I converted one from .mobi to .azw3 but it didn't work.

The real kicker is - most books do work fine. Which leads me to believe it's a problem with the files themselves but they open fine with Calibre's built in e-book reader.

Hopefully this all makes sense!
Hi fellow kindler.
You have a K3 ? If so, what your firmware level ?
Shows on the bottom of the first settings page.
You need fw 3.4 to show azw3 as far I know.
If this is not the case, what do these books have in common ?

Cheers,
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Try checking the file name. Strip out any punctuation marks ("fred's.mobi" to "freds.mobi"). I had a couple of books that had punctuation that was allowed by the OS but seemed to stymie the Kindle. The books showed up after I fixed the name.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote