Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
maurizio9991
maurizio9991 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Beware of installing ru.launcher on softroot

Just a warning here; everything was working like a charm on a Nook build 1002, with 2.4.1 softroot installed.
I decided to update some apps via Nookmarket. All apps updated as expected, UNTILL I wantwed to update ru.launcher.
After trying (which gave an error), I was stuck with a screen saying home on the top-left, showing the time and a black screen. After a few minutes I get an error (Sorry! Activity Launcher (in Application Launcher) is not responding.)

Read more: http://nookdevs.com/Forum#Headline_text#ixzz0x7uuBvfw
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike

Rebooting did not help. Removing battery did not help. Pressing the on-button for 20 secs did not help.
The SD-cards were not recgnoized when connected via USB to my computer.

The thing that did work, was going back to the 1.4 software and the installing the softroot again. My Nook is now running smoothly again, but beware that the latest ru.launcher does not go well with 2.4.1

(I read somewhere that other people are also experiencing this).
I will not try to reproduce....
maurizio9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
The best way to install/update ru.laucher is the following:
This tip comes from user sarahsbloke -> "download the latest ru launcher on your PC, copy over USB cable to main SDcard folder my packages/unknown, unplug and install using Trook"
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Mojoman
Enthusiast
Mojoman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by smafra View Post
The best way to install/update ru.laucher is the following:
This tip comes from user sarahsbloke -> "download the latest ru launcher on your PC, copy over USB cable to main SDcard folder my packages/unknown, unplug and install using Trook"
You have to be careful which version of ru.launcher you're installing. If you try to use the newest one which I believe is ver 1.5.6 it'll give you the black screen. I think it has to be ver 1.5.3 to work correctly. If you do get the black screen, just put the softroot file back on your sd card using your pc and re boot the nook the way you did before to softroot again. No need to revert back to 1.4 and do those additional steps. I'm leaving the file on my sd card from now on to save that step. I've tried the launcher install to try to use custom icons twice and both times failed to the black screen. I'm trying to locate a copy of the correct version.
Mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote