Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #16
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Can you dismiss tiles in general?
Tiles? Where we're going, we don't need tiles!

They're gone, at least for me. Homescreen only shows the last 4 books (using 1/5th of display space), and majority is wasted for "My Books" and "Recommended" and you can't get rid of those.

The webbrowser tile is gone... have to go through settings->betafeatures every time now.

Collections are gone, again.

I want to go back...

Edit: reverted to old homescreen by emptying abtest table in koboreader.sqlite

Last edited by frostschutz; 02-22-2017 at 10:01 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:44 AM   #17
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Well, I'm flattered, but you can trust DNSB on this as much as me.
You are right, I just thought maybe you have more information.

Quote:
This isn't being sent to my devices yet, but I did just manually install it on my Glo. It has installed OK, but I think the "Updating" screen took longer than usual. I'm not sure how long, as I disconnected the device and forgot about it for a bit. But, I wasn't installing this over the released firmware.
I'll give it another try.

Edit: did you get the new home screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How did you get unstuck?
I backup the image before trying to upgrade, so I just write the image back.

Last edited by oren64; 02-22-2017 at 06:50 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2017, 06:45 AM   #18
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Can you dismiss the "Recommended", "Find your next great read", and "Read articles from the we..."?

Can you dismiss tiles in general?
It does not look like you can dismiss anything. A long press on the "Recommended" etc. has no response. You can delete a book from the home screen, but it is a delete from the device

Also, pocket articles do not stick to the home screen.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I backup the image before trying to upgrade, so I just write the image back.
One suggestion is to have a second SD card with the firmware on it in case anything happens to the one in use then you can swap out and your device will be back up and running and you can restore the the other SD card at your leisure.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #20
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post

They're gone, at least for me. Homescreen only shows the last 4 books (using 1/5th of display space), and majority is wasted for "My Books" and "Recommended" and you can't get rid of those.

The webbrowser tile is gone... have to go through settings->betafeatures every time now.

Collections are gone, again.

I want to go back...
My collections are intact, but under the dropdown menu. Hmmm...
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #21
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Next silly question is how to edit the thread name to add the 2 back to it? Corrected a typo and hit enter too soon. Expletive deleted!
Done.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:50 AM   #22
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post

Yikes, this sounds like a massive downgrade.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For someone who has not ever had the WiFi on except to register the device and do a sync once then, what would the home screen look like? Is there going to be blank spaces for My Books and Recommended?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
You are right, I just thought maybe you have more information.
In this case, he was ahead of me. Though, I think he missed a couple of changes.
Quote:

Edit: did you get the new home screen?
Not on the Glo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #25
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Yikes, this sounds like a massive downgrade.
Indeed! I still hadn't decided if I was going to upgrade my H2O to 4.2.8432 and risk the collection problem; that issue was resolved!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #26
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Any idea if they added the "wikipedia" menu option back to the bottom menu to search zim files?
compurandom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:45 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As at least one person wants to know, here's what I know about 4.3.8842:
  • New home screen. But, this is not be enabled for all people and devices.
  • Series sorting in the library lists. When selected, the books are sorted as if the series and series index was added to the start of the title.
  • Search on home screen remembers the last search used.
  • Buttons on the brightness slider changes the level by 1%.
  • Nightmode option via config file. This is not a supported feature and might never be.

I don't know of any particular bugs being fixed.

There are no changes that affect the use with calibre. I have updated the driver to accept the new firmware version. This should be in the next calibre release. In the meantime, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firwmare" option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #28
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Have to agree with frostschutz, meeera, and issybird. That home screen is awful.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #29
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Series sorting in the library lists.
That's wonderful.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:01 AM   #30
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This isn't being sent to my devices yet, but I did just manually install it on my Glo. It has installed OK, but I think the "Updating" screen took longer than usual. I'm not sure how long, as I disconnected the device and forgot about it for a bit. But, I wasn't installing this over the released firmware.
Quote:
When I said it got stuck on moving squares I meant after the device installs the FW, when it trying to boot up.

My attempts until now (the current FW 3.13.1):

- Install with KSM, got stuck, I wait 5 minutes. (16gb SD card)
- I install with nickel, got stuck, I wait 5 minutes. (16GB sd card)
- Install with KSM, got stuck, I wait 20 minutes. (16GB sd card)
- I replace to the original sd card 2GB.
Install with nickel to FW 4.2.8432, Install Ok.
Tried to install 4.3.8842, got stuck, I wait 15 minutes.

I officially give up.

Edit: I also tried mark 5 with the same result.

Last edited by oren64; 02-22-2017 at 11:09 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote