Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

iOS 8.2 released

I see that iOS 8.2 has been released. I'm installing it on my iPad Mini Retina right now to test it before installing it on the iPhone 6 Plus.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I see that iOS 8.2 has been released. I'm installing it on my iPad Mini Retina right now to test it before installing it on the iPhone 6 Plus.
Enjoy the "you cannot delete the Apple watch app".
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Enjoy the "you cannot delete the Apple watch app".
Not an issue I just have a folder for not used apps and it went in there after the install.
And seeing I have android too, there are plenty of apps in android you can not delete without having root access.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Apple seems to be having problems this morning. I noticed when I tried to update some apps and I get the spinny thing, then the update button comes back.

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

My ipad 2 did manage to download the 8.2 update last night, but I'm going to hold off installing it until Apple gets its server problems fixed.

iBooks, iTunes, and App store appear to be offline.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/11/itunes-connect-down/
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
iBooks, iTunes, and App store appear to be offline.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/11/itunes-connect-down/
That probably explains why I couldn't update any apps a few minutes ago!
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I wanted to get the info out here in case anyone needed to restore their Apple device...can't be done right now.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Has been down all day. Glad I don't rely on the cloud, and I did the 8.2 update on my iPod yesterday. Waiting for it to come back up so I can buy something though, heh.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
49Kat
Fanatic

Looks like it's back up now. I was able to update some apps on my mini. Apple pushed the 8.2 download to my iPad 2 overnight, glad I held off on installing it when I got up this morning. I'm going to wait a few days before installing on any of my devices, see how things are with Apple.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Not an issue I just have a folder for not used apps and it went in there after the install.
And seeing I have android too, there are plenty of apps in android you can not delete without having root access.
Yes indeed! And Android allows for the phone carriers to install whatever garbage they want to on the phones they sell. With AT&T that was a lot of crap!!! But Apple doesn't allow the carriers to do any customizing.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

I got it installed on my iPad Mini retina and my iPhone 6 Plus. All is good!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The icon for the new Apple Watch app looks really half *** IMO.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:13 AM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've just updated my iPad Air and I can't see an app for the Iwatch, is that for the iPhone only?

I'm doing my iPad mini next, then the iphone last.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:14 AM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I do the same thing, it's called Defaults and ends up on the last page
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've just updated my iPad Air and I can't see an app for the Iwatch, is that for the iPhone only?

I'm doing my iPad mini next, then the iphone last.
It is for iPhone only. It will show up on your first app screen after you install 8.2 on the iPhone, or at least that is where it was on mine.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:33 AM   #15
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I too installed the latest update and had no problems on my iphone 6plus
I moved the watch app to my "dead zone" folder for apps I'll never use.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote