Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
PDF paging after new firmware

Anyone using PDFs notices any changes how PDF docs scroll?

I used to get an arrow for a lower half of a page. A single down cursor press would flip to the lower half. I usually use a page width with landscape mode.

After the firmware update now I need to press down cursor several times, about 5 I think, to reach bottom of a page. Seems PDF intra-page scrolling is now done in smaller increments than before. Anyone noticed this?

Is this supposed to be better? Is there any configuration available to change this behaviour?

I am not sure why more cursor presses are better??????
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ninja View Post
Anyone using PDFs notices any changes how PDF
Yes. For PDFs sized for the Cybook (9x12cm) and displayed in landscape mode, I used to see a page in three "sections" (although two would actually be enough). With the new firmware it's four sections.

I already wrote Bookeen asking for a better algorithm to be used for this.

I guess it's not thought for reading text, but for examining a picture or a chart, then it makes sense to be able to adjust the portion of the page being displayed with finer detail.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Ahh, forgot about images needing less than full screen scroll. Still, scroll step should be a configuration option. Not to mention different zoom levels.
Oh well, we wait for another firmware ....
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote