Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
maurits
maurits began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
can somebody tell me how to create folders and (sub) directories ?

My books, pdf's and music mp3's are all mixed up.
Is there anybody who has some info on how to create folders etc

THX

Maurits
maurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Subfolders are not supported in the current firmware, but are high on the todo list for a future firmware update.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
If not sub folders, how about hoagy folders, grinder folders or hero folders?
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
If not sub folders, how about hoagy folders, grinder folders or hero folders?
You can have such folders for storage but the reader will not find eBooks in them.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Yes it will: I have several subfolders in the ebooks folder on my sd card and the cybook displays all the books in the subfolders.
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelheid View Post
Yes it will: I have several subfolders in the ebooks folder on my sd card and the cybook displays all the books in the subfolders.

You are correct. However, these do nothing to enabling the user to group the books within the Library screens. But we can hope that some day Bookeen will allow the subfolders under /eBooks to be useful for separating and navigating a book collection.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
You are correct. However, these do nothing to enabling the user to group the books within the Library screens.
They do if you change the sort order on the library to "sort by file path".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #8
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
1) Make folders with the name of the author.
2) Put your books in the correct folder
3) Sort the library by Foldername

The result is that all your books are sorted by author.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:02 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Alternately, you can use this method to sort your books by subject, or anything else you fancy. It's quite a flexible approach.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Good example/explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post

Many thanks for this explanation and example. I hope to receive my Cybook Gen 3 from NAEB within the next few days and wondered about organizing all my Baen SF/Fantasy ebooks for easy access on the device. Your explanation tells me that it should be very easy, i.e., all my ebooks on my computer are already stored in folders labeled for each author.

Robert
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:25 AM   #11
maurits
maurits began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
THX so far
I'll try some of the idea's
Maurits
maurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #12
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Grrrrgh!

I'd just be happy if I could sort by Author.

I'd also like it if it treated an underline as a space when sorting so that the files that have underlines in the titles would sort INTO the other ones.

So far, the only solution is to change the filename so the author is first and sort by filename.
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
I'd just be happy if I could sort by Author.

I'd also like it if it treated an underline as a space when sorting so that the files that have underlines in the titles would sort INTO the other ones.

So far, the only solution is to change the filename so the author is first and sort by filename.

You don't have to change the filename
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post

You don't have to change the filename
Well that works, but the folder name (in this example, the author's name) doesn't show up anywhere, so as you pan through your books you'll just have to notice when a section of books changes from one folder (author) to another. What you see is a clump of books in alpha order then another clump in alpha order (the folder/author name just changed). It's an adequate workaround, but not ideal.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
Well that works, but the folder name (in this example, the author's name) doesn't show up anywhere, so as you pan through your books you'll just have to notice when a section of books changes from one folder (author) to another. What you see is a clump of books in alpha order then another clump in alpha order (the folder/author name just changed). It's an adequate workaround, but not ideal.
The author's name does show up if you have 5 or 10 books per page. But I agree it is not ideal