Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Before I jump on this deal, have I understood correctly that these audiobooks are DRM free? I have way too many devices I use for listening to books and music, restrictive DRM makes the files difficult to use.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Before I jump on this deal, have I understood correctly that these audiobooks are DRM free? I have way too many devices I use for listening to books and music, restrictive DRM makes the files difficult to use.
You do need the Overdrive Media Console program to download these like with the library, but there is no expiry or any sort of DRM on these MP3 audiobooks. Almost all devices can use MP3 files.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
You do need the Overdrive Media Console program to download these like with the library, but there is no expiry or any sort of DRM on these MP3 audiobooks. Almost all devices can use MP3 files.
That's okay, I already have OverDrive for library books. And all my gadgets can do mp3, so that part is covered. Thanks!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
This week no international restrictions. So your computer doesn't need to go for a short holiday in the USA
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Where is your holiday?
Just a short trip accross to Melbourne to catchup with my brothe watch some footy(Go Eagles!) and do some shopping
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
New ones are up today:

The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud, Read by Simon Jones
(Listening Library)
Tales from the Arabian Nights by Andrew Lang, Read by Toby Stephens
(Naxos AudioBooks)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Thanks, koland
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #23
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can definitely recommend The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud (the ebook, anyway, haven't listened to the audiobook, yet). Better than Harry Potter, IMO, and I've got the second in the series on my reader for 'very soon'
Old 06-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I can definitely recommend The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud (the ebook, anyway, haven't listened to the audiobook, yet). Better than Harry Potter, IMO, and I've got the second in the series on my reader for 'very soon'
It's a trilogy plus series; I wasn't paying attention. At least the audiobooks are available in my libraries. At 13+ hours, I'll save it for a rainy weekend.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 4 and another set of free audiobooks. Valid 05~11 Jul 2012:

Download link here

Quote:
Anna Dressed in Blood -- Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. When he arrives in a new town, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: track, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before...
Quote:
The Woman in White -- One night on the road to London, Walter Hartright meets a mysterious woman dressed all in white and answers her pleas for help. Wilkie Collins’s masterpiece of terrible secrets, concealed identities, abductions, fraud, cruel aristocrats, and sinister foreigners...
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 5 and another set of free audiobooks. Valid 12~18 Jul 2012:

Download link here

Quote:
Guys Read: Funny Business -- Ten stories guaranteed to delight, amuse, and possibly make you spit your milk in your friend’s face, from the following esteemed writers: Mac Barnett, 
Eoin Colfer, 
Christopher Paul Curtis, 
Kate DiCamillo, Jon Scieszka, 
Paul Feig, 
Jack Gantos, 
Jeff Kinney, 
David Lubar, 
Adam Rex, and 
David Yoo.
Quote:
The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County -- “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” is a wild yarn involving a case of mistaken identity, a gambler who’d bet on anything, and a very unusual frog named Daniel Webster. First published in 1865, the tale was immensely popular, and in 1867 an expanded version was published with 26 additional short stories, told as only Mark Twain could tell them.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 6 and another set of free audiobooks. Valid 19~25 Jul 2012

Download link here

Quote:
Cleopatra’s Moon -- Selene has grown up in a palace on the Nile with her parents, Cleopatra & Mark Antony–the most brilliant, powerful rulers on earth. But the jealous Roman Emperor Octavianus wants Egypt for himself, and when war finally comes, Selene faces the loss of all she’s ever loved.
Quote:
Antony & Cleopatra -- The twin empires of Egypt and Rome mingle and clash in this towering tragedy. Impulsiveness, passion, mistaken identity, and dark humor all color the fascinating dalliance between Antony and Cleopatra, the larger-than-life pair at the center of Shakespeare’s play.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Those that downloaded early received Colleen McCullough's novel Antony & Cleopatra instead of the BBC Radio dramatization. That choice is now disabled. Hopefully they will fix and add back the correct one to download later this week.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Those that downloaded early received Colleen McCullough's novel Antony & Cleopatra instead of the BBC Radio dramatization. That choice is now disabled. Hopefully they will fix and add back the correct one to download later this week.
I noticed that after I started the download. It didn't take Sync very long to realize they had the wrong book up before they pulled it.

I'm surprised the correct one still isn't up yet.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I noticed that after I started the download. It didn't take Sync very long to realize they had the wrong book up before they pulled it.

I'm surprised the correct one still isn't up yet.
I wasn't paying much attention, so downloaded the entire thing

Tags
audiobook