Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Staked
This space for rent
Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Touch
Help finding case for Kindle Touch

I'm wanting to get a case for the Kindle Touch. Requirements are it must have a hand strap and room to keep my MightyBright XtraFlex2 in it.

I'm looking at the Marware jurni (http://www.amazon.com/Marware-jurni-...dp/B005HSG39M/) and I like the looks of it, but it doesn't look like it would have room to store the light or be able to attach the light while it's in the case. Being able to use the light while the Touch is in it's case isn't a must have, but it sure would be nice.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Last edited by Staked; 12-08-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Staked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
frankelr
frankelr doesn't litterfrankelr doesn't litter

Device: k3kb, KTso, Nook ST
Not quite what you asked for, but a great case as a great price

Hi, as an owner of two k3kbs, a kindle touch, a nook touch and an
android tablet. I have a lot of experience with cases. Far and away the best quality case for a rock bottom price is the kindle touch case from crazy on digital.

I believe that extras such as cables, chargers and lights are best carried in a "plastic zip lock bag. Combining them is a single case is more apt to damage the reader.

If you still want a "pouch" type holder Crazy on has a nice one for only five dollars, Belkin has a great one for much more.
frankelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankelr View Post
Hi, as an owner of two k3kbs, a kindle touch, a nook touch and an
android tablet. I have a lot of experience with cases. Far and away the best quality case for a rock bottom price is the kindle touch case from crazy on digital.

I believe that extras such as cables, chargers and lights are best carried in a "plastic zip lock bag. Combining them is a single case is more apt to damage the reader.

If you still want a "pouch" type holder Crazy on has a nice one for only five dollars, Belkin has a great one for much more.
I'd stay away from CrazyOnDigital. I own their Kindle Fire case it's okay but no where near quality as Marware. It wont hold up long at all. It's cheaply made. Mine is already showing wear after two weeks of light use. Products I have purchase from them in past are always cheap and falling apart. I only paid $7 for mine so I didn't expect much. They also add false reviews to their stuff so anything 5 star is probably not real.

I own the Marware Eco-Flip and love it! You wont find a case to hold that huge light though. I own one and it sits on my nightstand as a nightlight. I use the Mighty Bright Travel Flex ($12) and its alot smaller but works great but I don't know of any cases that will hold even it.
If you need a light to read a lighted cover by Amazon may be the way to go.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another vote for the Marware cases from me. I have the Marware EcoVue case for my Kindle Touch, and it's very good indeed. Well padded, but lightweight, and you can fold it back on itself to comfortably hold the Touch in one hand.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
Staked
This space for rent
Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Would I be able to use a clip-on light while the Touch is in the EcoVue case?
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It would depend how it attached, I guess. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the light that you mention. Do you have a picture of it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Staked
This space for rent

For those curious I ended up getting the Timbuk2 Dinner Jacket for my Kindle Touch. It is only $24.99 in store right now at Best Buy ($39.99 at bestbuy.com or $44.99 at Amazon). I love it. It's light weight, decently padded and works well with my MightyBrite XtraFlex2. Like most it has a pretty much useless pouch on the front. Seriously, what do people use that pouch for? They aren't even big enough to stick a pen in!

Anyway, highly recommended if you're looking for one. Here's the URL from Amazon if anyone wants to look at it: http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle.../dp/B005K2Y97I
Old 12-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staked View Post
For those curious I ended up getting the Timbuk2 Dinner Jacket for my Kindle Touch. It is only $24.99 in store right now at Best Buy ($39.99 at bestbuy.com or $44.99 at Amazon). I love it. It's light weight, decently padded and works well with my MightyBrite XtraFlex2. Like most it has a pretty much useless pouch on the front. Seriously, what do people use that pouch for? They aren't even big enough to stick a pen in!

Anyway, highly recommended if you're looking for one. Here's the URL from Amazon if anyone wants to look at it: http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle.../dp/B005K2Y97I
Nice. The front pouch is probably a good place to put a cleaning cloth.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
I'm perfectly happy with the Expoint leather case I got for under $10(I think you can get it for 8-9 bucks shipped from amazon)

It's made of soft and what seems to be of high quality leather. The inside is made of soft cloth. Workmanship is what you would expect from a $30 dollar(original price) case, not cheap.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
I'm perfectly happy with the Expoint leather case I got for under $10(I think you can get it for 8-9 bucks shipped from amazon)

It's made of soft and what seems to be of high quality leather. The inside is made of soft cloth. Workmanship is what you would expect from a $30 dollar(original price) case, not cheap.
I have a couple of those from ebay. They are nice but not much protection for traveling. It fits the Kindle Fire too sorta.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
yes it's good but it depending on your need. For the purpose of protecting from scratches like keys, coins and dirts on the body & screen, it's great and thin, which is all I need. But it's not meant to stand abuse like throwing it around or have hard angular stuff press against it.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote