Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #1
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Random "sleep" when battery is > 90%

I know that others have mentioned random sleeping issues on their Kobo devices but I don't think I've ever noticed if there's a fix/work around/general cause.

Both my wife and myself have Forma's.
Both have the official Forma sleep covers.
Both on same firmware (4.15.12920).
Both with same patches.
Both reading kepub's.

On my wife's, she's mentioned (and I have witnessed) that occasionally when she turns the page using the buttons, the Forma will go to sleep as if she's pressed the power button.

The odd thing about it is this only happens after she's fully charged it and only until the battery drops to about 90-95%.. after that it stops till the next charge.

I haven't had that problem at all on mine..

Anyone else noticed that type of problem?

Debating hitting up Kobo support while it's under warranty in the off chance I can get a new one for her.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:05 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's... odd. I assume it's not simply a case of mistakenly hitting the power button due to hand placement? (which seems unlikely, given how rigid the power button is, probably for that very reason).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.desterly is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: KV,Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's... odd. I assume it's not simply a case of mistakenly hitting the power button due to hand placement? (which seems unlikely, given how rigid the power button is, probably for that very reason).
Tell me about it... and being the typical... um..... husband/man that I am I initially assumed it was either what you mentioned (hitting the power button) or shifting the sleep cover somehow so it triggered the screen off...

That was till I finally told her I'd look at it..... so I charged it up and w/in the first 5-6 page turns it did it. And then did it again shortly after.

My mind then went to the "maybe it's heating up from charging?" so I let sit for 30min or so, turned it on and in < 10 pages, it did it.

I'll probably throw the kobo pack on it and see if I can get some logs off of it but right now I'm scratching my head.
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, I missed the sleep cover bit .

On the off-chance that could be it, I'd still try it without the cover at all? (EDIT: and the matching setting disabled, I think in the Power Management section of the settings?)

And I'd double check potential sources of magnets (I've seen some fairly strong magnet clasps on bracelets, for instance).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-23-2019 at 04:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #5
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I've actually done this several times. The button placement is truly awful.

The Power Button is much less rigid after a year (is it almost a year already?) of use. I don't use a sleep cover, so it's used several times a day.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert